Chapter 15

Marella's pov

"Do you think they'll go after us?" I asked Nick as he drove past the sign of Shadyside. "I don't know Ella, but we can't risk anything so just be quick" he sighed and i looked out the window. I looked at the crappy houses. The plants that looked more dead than normal. The drunk people on the sidewalks that probably fell asleep there last night. It might be a shitty town but it's my town. Now that i'm leaving i realise how i loved this cursed place. I don't want to admit it but i'm gonna miss the constant smell of weed and alcohol. I'm gonna miss the rainy days. It's all gonna be replaced by the sunny suburbs of Sunnyvale.

"We're here" i said as i saw my home and Nick stepped on the breaks. "Alright, i'll be out here. Be safe" he said and gave me a small smile. I returned the smile and quickly got out of his car. I walked inside and saw my mom who was about to leave. I tried to sneak past her but the old wooden floor gave me away once again.

"Oh my god Ella where the hell have you been?" my mom said with worry all over her face as she hugged me. I hugged her back and tears started to form in my eyes. "I'm sorry mom but... i have to leave this town. Forever. It's not safe here, i'm so sorry but i'm gonna be okay. You're gonna be okay. I can't explain everything, i don't have time for that. But i'm gonna live with Nick Goode, he's a good guy don't worry. I'm gonna be fine" i rambled and at first she looked shocked but then she smiled. "You deserve happiness Ella, come with me. I'll help you pack" she smiled sadly and i smiled back.

We walked up the stairs and went in my room. I didn't have alot of stuff i needed. Just clothes, bathroom stuff and some valuable things. Like pictures and books. Packing didn't take alot of time since i didn't have that much. I knew my mom hated packing my stuff but i also knew she was relieved knowing that i was gonna be alright. She wouldn't have to worry about me anymore. Or about me ending up in a grave because of my stupid brother. We walked downstairs again in silence and i stood on the porch.

"Before you go, can i meet him?" my mom said and i laughed slightly and nodded. "Yes but be fast. It's not safe out here" i said as we ran to the car and i told Nick to get outside. He quickly got out and introduced himself to my mom. "Hello miss Turner. I'm-" he started as he stook out his hand. She quickly gave him a hug and he was startled at first but then respectfully hugged her back. "Nick Goode, i know. Thank you for helping her. You and your family have a heart of gold" she said as she pulled back and he swallowed and faked a smile. If only she knew. "Keep her safe please. I'll kill you if anything happens to her" she threatened and Nick laughed lightly. "Believe me, i'll kill myself too if anything happens to her" he chuckled and my mom smiled.

She quickly walked over to me and hugged me. "I love you Ella" she whispered and i felt the tears stinging in my eyes again. "I love you too mom" i whispered and she pulled away and started walking back to the house. Nick put my stuff in the back and i got in the passenger seat. I waved at my mom and she waved back. We both knew that this was probably the last time we were gonna see each other before she will leave this place forever. I closed the door and Nick started driving.

The tears rolled down my face quietly. I didn't know if i was sad or happy or relieved. And maybe it was a mix of those emotions. Maybe it was none of them. I felt so bad for my mom. And for Ziggy. I hope she won't be mad at me. She probably will be for a little while but she'll turn around. I'm sure she will.

"So let's go to my house. I'll explain everything to my mom, you can get settled in and then we go to the hospital to explain everything to Ziggy and visit her, alright?" Nick asked as we went past the sign of Sunnyvale. "Alright" i whispered. Never thought i'd be happy with the fact that Shadyside is too poor for a hospital so every Shadysider needs to go to the Sunnyvale one. Who knows what would've happened if those killers were around vulnerable people. No one would survive.