Chapter 20

Nick's pov

"Holy shit" Ziggy said after we told her the whole story of my mom wanting to build a mall at camp. "Just when i though the Goodes weren't that bad they kill my sister and build a mall over the place where i saw her for the last time. You guys aren't cursing us, you are fucking cursed" she said furiously at me and i looked down. "I'm sorry Ziggy" i said and Ziggy scoffed. "Sorry? That's all you can say? You steal my bestfriend away from our home, your brother kills my fucking sister and your mom is a massive bitch for thinking she gives Shadysiders an opportunity and all you can say is sorry?" she yells at me.

"Ziggy" Ella said, trying to grab her hand but she smacked her hand away. "Don't tell me you're going to defend him. His family ruined your life and they've been doing it for years now. You think your dad left and your brother is an asshole because your life just sucks? You think my mom started drinking because my dad left her and it drove me and my sister apart because my life sucks? You think Alice life just sucked? You think Joan's life just sucked? And what about Chloe? Her parents abused her for no reason because they were crazy? It's a pattern Ella. Every person's life sucks in Shadyside and look at Sunnyvale. They have perfect little families in big white houses in the suburbs with no criminality at all! It's not just the murders Ella, it's our entire lifes that they're cursing" Ziggy yelled at her as Ziggy started crying.

Ella was quiet and just looked at her. Her eyes started to fill with tears watching her bestfriend cry like that. All she did was wrap her arms around Ziggy and let her cry. They both cried. "I'm so sorry Ziggy. I'm so so sorry. Nick isn't like that i promise. I promise you he's a good person" she cried to Ziggy and she laughed. "Litteraly" she joked and Ella laughed through her tears. "Litteraly yeah" she said as she pulled away and wiped Ziggy's tears. Ziggy smiled at her and hugged her again.

"I know what my family has done Ziggy. I know how unbelievably stupid they are. They're a bunch of hypocrites. But i can't hate them. They're still my family. I don't like them very much but i have to live with it. I could tell you i'm sorry hundreds and thousands of times but that wouldn't make up for what they did. I found out that Will did it at the same time Ella did. I found out my entire bloodline is cursed and believe me i'm just as angry as you but just for a completely different reason. I'm sorry i took Ella away from you but she would die if she would live in Shadyside. I would love for you to live here cause i know you have a shitty home but unfortunately i can't just do that. You can come here as much as you want cause i know how much you mean to Ella and i know how much she means to you. I wouldn't want to take that away. And i hope we can get along some day even though you probably hate me" i said and Ziggy gave me a small smile.

"Yeah i do hate you right now. And it's gonna take time for me to realise you're not a bad person again. But i appreciate that i can be here as much as i want, your words not mine, cause i'm gonna steal your girl" she said and Ella and i laughed. "Never" i answered and Ziggy raised an eyebrow. "We'll see about that" she sassed and i chuckled. "Ziggy please steal me back i can't stand to be here one minute longer with Nick" Ella dramatically said and Ziggy smirked. "Ofcourse Ella, i wouldn't want to see you turn into one of those preppy zombies"

"Zombies? We aren't zombies! In fact we have better style than you" i argued back and Ziggy chuckled. "Ooh but you are zombies. You take an innocent victim
from Shadyside, bring them here and brainwash them into high class bitches" Ziggy said dramatically and Ella laughed. "You guys read too much horror, it's so annoying" she said and Ziggy gasped. "Did you hear her?" Ziggy asked and i laughed. "You guys are so dramatic, anyways i'm gonna grab something to drink. Do you guys want some?" "Water please" "Yeah me too"

I walked downstairs into the kitchen. Smiling to myself cause of the joy in Ella's face. I could tell she was extremely happy that Ziggy was back. I know Ziggy doesn't trust me at all but i don't think she hates me. We both like horror and we both like Ella. Sounds like twins to me.