Chapter 14

Marella's pov:

"I think it should be here somewhere" Nick said as we walked towards the hanging tree. The tree looked scarier than normal. I looked at the ground underneath it and saw Cindy again. I shook my head to make her go away but it didn't work. She was laying there, lifeless. She wouldn't move. I heard Ziggy's scream and i started to feel dizzy. My nose started bleeding as i walked closer to the tree. I felt the blood drip from my face and then i saw her. Sarah Fier.

She was angry. And screaming at someone. Everything was red and the images flashed by very fast. I saw her being hanged, i saw the ritual, i saw the pages of the book we just read.

"Ella! Hey, are you alright?" Nick asked me and i snapped back to reality. He looked at me worried and i wiped away the blood of my nose. "Yeah i'm fine, i just, i think i just saw her. She was angry and- wait. Didn't Ziggy tell about how she bled on the hand and she saw Sarah Fier, the hand! It has to be here!" I said looking down and seeing a hole in the ground with a puddle of water. I started digging and soon i found it. It was all dirty with mud and so was my hand.

"Got it, now we have to find the body, do you have any idea where it could be? Ziggy said that it wasn't at the hanging tree. So wher-" i started but i was cut off by a beautiful voice in the woods. "You always hurt, the one you love. The one you shouldn't hurt at all" we heard softly coming from somewhere far between the trees. "Ruby Lane" Nick breathed out as he looked in the direction it was coming from. "You bled on the bone. They're after us again. But it's not Sarah Fier. I think she was trying to show everyone what really happened. And that's wy the killers are after you. You saw the truth. We have to find the body right fucking now" Nick ranted and i nodded as we ran into the woods.

We ran so far that we didn't even know where we were anymore. We didn't see our hear the killers anymore either. It felt like it was just us but the feeling of being watched was still here. We came to a stop at a big rock to hide behind so we could catch our breaths.

"Do you have any idea where the body could be?" i whispered to Nick and he shook his head no. "It could be anywhere in Shadyside" he whispered back and i sighed as i leant my head back on the rock. I felt something tickle my neck so i quickly sat up again and looked behind me. Red moss was crawling all over the rock and the ground. It was the same red moss as in the outhouse.

"Nick, look" i whispered and poked his arm. He looked at the rock as well and he frowned. "Isn't this that bullshit that ruined my polo?" he asked and i let out a small chuckle. "Yes, the same bullshit as in the outhouse. Ziggy told us that Cindy came out of the outhouse right? Or atleast they found her and Alice in the outhouse. Ziggy said that they were in a weird tunnel or cave and that the moss was all around it. Cindy explained that it was the 'Sarah Fier' cave. Maybe she's here" i explained and Nick sighed. "I doubt that" he said and i rolled my eyes. "We can always try. You don't even have to dig, just wait till your nose begins to bleed"

And so we crawled around over the moss. Hoping that she wasn't resting somewhere deep in the layers of the earth. The moss was very thick but very soft at the same time. We could easily find her if we tried. "Ah shit, do you think blood is able to be washed out?" Nick groaned as he looked down at his shirt. I looked up and saw that the blood from his nose was dripping on his shirt. "Nick you're an absolute idiot" i whisper yelled as i immediately walked over to him and started digging in the moss.

"What are you talking abo- oh wait yeah nose bleeds" he said as he started digging as well. Normally i would've laughed at his stupidness, but now i had other things on my mind. It didn't take very long to find the bones we were looking for.

"Oh my god" i whispered as i leaned back and looked at the body in front of us. The chains were still there and there was a lock on it that said "Fier". We found her. "This has to be her" Nick whispered and i nodded. I quickly grabbed the hand and put it with her body. I gasped and saw everything.