Chapter 26

Marella's pov

"What do you mean they know?" i ask Nick and he sighs. "They know that this isn't just some serial killer, sooner or later they will find out" he explains calmly but i feel panic rise in my chest. "How old are they?" "I don't know, sixteen maybe seventeen" "Fuck" "I know"

I sit down on a chair and put my head in my hands. I stare straight ahead thinking of all the possible outcomes this could have. A bunch of teenagers trying to stop a curse. They don't know what danger they are putting themselves in. They sound like me and Nick. Trying to stop a curse that is hundreds of years old. Working against the wish of the devil. Maybe they also can't stay in Shadyside the moment they think they are finished. They will end up like me. Banished to this town. But they will have no where to live. I doubt they have a Nick Goode by their side. They can't escape. They will die.

"Shit shit shit, we have to stop them Nick. We have to warn them" i say standing up and walking to the phone. "We can't-" "We have to" "But we can't do tha-" "They could die" "So could you" he raises his voice and i close my eyes. "I know but-" "No, i am not risking your life for a bunch of teenagers i've just met" "Nick" "I know it sounds rude, but i've feared for your death more than you know. I still do. But since you're here in Sunnyvale with me, i know that you're safe. But if you go there, i can't protect you"

"Nick i won't go to Shadyside, i will just call them" "But then they know i know" I look at Nick and he gives me an apologetic look. I know i can't warn them. It's already too late. The killers are out there already. They will get killed. My eyes tear up with the thought that more people are gonna be a victim of this stupid curse. It will never end. "Come here" Nick says softly, opening his arms. I slowly walk to him and wrap my arms around him. Letting the tears fall quietly.

"Maybe they will find the article about Ziggy, maybe they will call her" Nick says and i nod. "Yes maybe they will, but i doubt that Ziggy will answer them" "Maybe she tells them to call us" "I doubt it"

Nick and i sit on the couch for the rest of the evening. Just talking. We haven't had alot of time to spend together. And even if we did, we never spent it like this. But for some reason, we're closer now that the killers are back. The curse brought us together in the first place, and now it's doing the same thing. I forgot how good i feel when i'm around Nick. Just talking. Nothing on my mind but him. And that's more than enough. I haven't felt like this in ages.

*:・゚✧*:

Ziggy's pov

I am sitting at the table, eating my dinner when the phone rings. Major Tom starts barking and i tell him to stop. I walk to the phone but don't pick up. I look at it until it finally stops. I listen to the voice mail and my breath hitches. I feel my legs giving up and i sit down against the wall.

My breath becomes faster and my head starts spinning. "Okay breathe Ziggy-" i tell myself and put my hand on my heart. "It's okay, you're okay" i tell myself over and over again until it finally stops. I get up and check all my locks again. Then i walk back to my living room and sit on the couch. Thinking of what to do. Should i call her back? No, no i could get myself into trouble if i do that. But they could die. Would that mean i killed them? No they're gonna die anyway. No one can get out of this. I lay down on the couch and close my eyes for a while. But then one of my alarms go off. I groan and slam it so it stops.

I feel a wave of guilt washing over me as i sit back down again. I should call her back. I get up again and walk to the phone to dial the number that just called me.

"Hello?" i hear the same voice as the voice mail say. I stay silent, i should've prepared myself better for this. "Hello?" the voice says again. "Listen asshole, don't call here-" "You're still alive" i cut her off. Genuinely surprised. "Who is this?" she says. "You called me" i say back. "You wanted to know how i survived the Camp Nightwing massacre"