IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!!

First, off I would like to apologize to all of you who are reading this story/have been with this *SLOW* ongoing series since the beginning. It honestly wasn't my intention to still be lingering this far behind, I actually pictured myself being halfway through the whole series by now but alas like plans don't always go as planned and I, for one, can say that my plans for writing a majority of last year went up in a burning ball of jet fuel and fire. 2020 SUCKED! The whole virus and lockdown were horrible and, well, let's just say that my normal life was turned into one of mass panic and having to focus on all my energy on not losing my mind... that and family issues.

BUT first and foremost, my main reasoning for not writing is this; I'm not sure I should continue.

At least not with this VERSION.

When I started the 'Brightest Night' series I wasn't sure how far it would go, heck I wasn't expecting as many reads as it's gotten (THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO'VE READ IT!!). The first book was always just meant to be a test run to see how it would turn out before I dove in and redefined the whole thing. Basically, one giant crapload of a reboot/revamp/rewrite. As I said, things changed and I ended making it a series... but, last year through the whole crap show I was able to read what I've written like a normal person would a fanfiction and honestly felt that, while good in itself - despite some grammatical errors -, the book could be better. Formed into something with a better plot, better character development, a longer read time, just better everything.

And that's where I began revisiting my original idea of redoing the whole series.

I just felt so... off... with how things went in the original first book, and I feel as if no amount of editing would work in fixing all the things I wanted to change. And to be honest, no author should ever feel that way about their work. I'm just a little hesitant because I don't want to lose readers which I value... No, I would not be deleting the original book; I know the joys of having the original around along with the reboot. No, I will not be getting rid of Asta and Sunflower, at least not in a whole -can't have a Brightest series without a Sun Fury, after all -; they would undergo character changes, of course, maybe a name change too, but they will still be in there... or at least a character heavily inspired by them will be.

Just... while I do understand the hardships and love I put into the original series, I feel like I can make the whole thing better. No, I know I can make it better.

I just wanted to hear everyone's opinions on all of this. I'd like to hear all of your thoughts on a reboot. Changes you feel should be made, things added or taken away, etc... I'm just really conflicted at the moment, so, help??