Chapter 2

Pale orange painted the skies as the sun lowered from its spot in the sky. Tinges of reds, pinks, and yellows faded into one another like silk flowers in a green meadow on a warm summer morning. The fluffy clouds taking on a similar light shade in their white shade as the fading rays of the sun hit them in glorious light. Looking closely, one could see the appear stars as the sky darkened; a cool breeze picking up. Lights danced across the waters in a beautiful light show, the waves sparkled and gleaming like vibrant crystals as they splashed up into the air.

Comfortable silence was all that could be heard.

The only sounds being that of the waves below and the gentle winds as they flew about; it was serene. The sparkling water was a clear sheen that showed the colorful fish and reefs below. Green colorful islands full of life dotted the area, full of life of various kinds of creatures. Nothing was marred as no reckless humans or creatures have found their way to this sanctuary. It almost looked to be glowing as beautiful rocks of various colors transparent and none gleamed brightly under the rays.

Suddenly a loud, elegant roar echoed throughout the area, breaking the most harmonious silence as the waves seemed to tremble under the power of the sound. The sun suddenly seemed to shine brighter and flare up as another roar echoed, closer than the last. Small sparkling balls of orange, yellows and burnt red sparkles seemed to fill the sky near the sun, getting brighter until a blinding flash could be seen and a blur shot out of the light.

The blur was large and a fast, twirling up into the air where it came to a halt in the diming beams of light.

The creature, though big, had an elegant appearance; its body slim yet fit with two large bat-like wings that spread out wide on either side of its body. It had a short neck and two mobile, ear-like appendages sat on the upper back of its head that show its mood and help it hear, two lower ones rest under those just slightly above its jaw. Its eyes were wide, almost catlike, a vibrant shade of green with flecks of gold and fiery reddish-orange. On the top of its tale connecting slightly to its legs, were fin-like flaps, almost similar to the ones at the tip of its tale with spikes separating each web looking flap.

What was the most eye-catching thing about this marvelous creature, was its coloring.

The main color base of its scales was a bold sparkling red with glittering swirls of dark red-orange throughout its body and ear-antennas. Around its eyes was more of an orange color -- red-orange going towards the snout, orange going towards the back of the head; small sparkling sparks danced around in that area, a few larger one gleaming brightly like stars. On its legs heading towards its feet was the same coloring glowing star-like scales that surrounded the eyes, though a few faint shades of purple could be seen. The same could be said for its wings; bold red at the top, then fades into orange-red than orange with the stars.

It truly was a beautiful creature.

It looked almost like a fire, like a piece of the sun fell to earth in the form of a miraculous winged beast; a dragon.

The only one of its kind left in the Fury species.

A Sun Fury.

It was easy to tell that this creature, this dragon, was a female. Her body was slimmer and much more elegant than that of a male, perfect for greater speeds -- something the males lacked in due to being stronger than the females. It also helped with the fact her eyes appeared more hooded, creating an almost eyelash effect along with the sparkly nature her scales naturally had.

Inhaling, the dragon tilted her head to the side as she observed the island; her island.

She was the queen of this place, guarding its secrets and keeping it hidden from danger like her ancestors had before her. She didn't really know what other dangers were out there besides the giant, territorial jerks that thought themselves to be the alphas of all dragons. She nearly snorted at that thought.