Epilogue

All was silent throughout Berk, all humans and dragons alike retired for the night. Sounds of the wind and the ocean waves crashing against the cliffs walls being just about the only thing heard, and that is exactly where Sunflower was at such a late time in the night. Sitting on the tallest cliff's edge she peered out towards the sea deep in thought, unknowingly and longingly towards the direction Haven Isles resided. The moon was high in the navy blue sky bespeckled with a blanket of brilliant glowing gems known to be stars. Wings tucked to her body and tail curled over her front talons, Sunflower let out a deep sigh.

It has been nearly three months since the defeat of the Red Death. Three months since she decided to stay here. Life had changed very quickly, compared to what she used to have back at the Haven and in the Cove and while it wasn't that bad of a change, it was difficult... it was hard trying to not attack everyone around her, especially in the beginning of it all. Every part of her was screaming for her to kill them and she nearly did on occasions, all because someone had said something or gotten a little too close for comfort. She was trying her best to not slaughter the humans, but it was hard... every time she felt she was fine she'd suddenly go berserk and would have to force herself to leave before anything serious happened. It hasn't as bad over the last two weeks, she was able to reign in the killer urge and it was all thanks to Toothless...

The thought sent a mixed emotion of displeasure and butterflies.

She still hadn't talked about the whole childhood mating, finding the whole idea silly now that her mind was cleared of its blood-red rage she had been feeling then. It wasn't that important, just a silly hatchling thing that she now clearly remembered was a cute thing to happen amongst hatchling. Meaningless, silly and not at all binding. It clearly meant nothing as she would not have forgotten it in the first place, right? 'And if I didn't remember until now, I hardly doubt that means he does.'

"Are you just going to stand there staring or are you going to join me?"

Glancing over her shoulder, eyes narrowed in a sly manner, Sunflower gazed at the sheepish Night Fury who had been standing there simply gazing at her for the last five minutes. Hearing an embarrassed cough the male she tracked him until he was sat beside her, his own wings curling around his body, just barely brushing against her own. The two Furies sat in silence, eyes flickering from star to star. It was rather clear out, most nights had been cloudy so to have one night with clear skies bestowing the heavens without disturbance was rather wholesome, a small reminder of what she had exiled herself from, a happy memory.

Sunflower remembered the nights when she was younger, before her family's demise, before she began her training into a killer under the guise of a peacekeeper... gazing at the male Sunflower couldn't help but feel a little ashamed. He had been nothing but kind to her and all she repaid him with was assassination attempts and hard times. Digging her claws into the earth below her, Sunflower looked back to the stars and sighed.

"You know, my mother used to take my siblings out every sunset and sunrise to greet and bid farewell to the sun; we'd stay up until the moon nearly reached its peak in the sky, just watching the stars..." Toothless felt his breath hitch in his throat, never before had he heard her talk about her family. Feeling his gaze he shifted slightly. "It was always a bonding thing for us, carried down from my mother's mother and so on. When they died... this was the only thing that kept me connected to them, it is what is keeping me connected to those I left -- "The world may change around you but not the sky; the stars, moon, and sun are all the same, all around the world, connecting everyone together with times of old..."." Feeling her tail twitch Sunflower could hear her mother's voice in her head. "It was also a thing we did when we got into fights and had no way of apologizing to one another; Moon knows we were all horrible when it came to forgiving and saying sorry."