39.

The words shocked Naruto, he knew Sasuke was determined but he didn't think he'd have to kill him to stop this.

"If that's how you want it... that's how it shall be," Naruto said as he glared into the Uchiha's cold eyes.

Naruto threw the first hit, punching the Uchiha in the face, then Sasuke kicking the Uzumaki into a wall.

They continued to fight, each throwing hits that seemed to hold their emotions.

Naruto kicked Sasuke into a window sending him flying out of the house. "How could you do this to me! I thought you loved ME!"

Sasuke hit the ground, then yelled, "I know you are not speaking Uzumaki! You love me huh? Then why the fuck are you trying to kill me?!"

Naruto glared at the raven head, "Because you spent years trying to get this fucked up revenge! You think Itachi would want this! He killed for Konoha HE PROTECTED THIS VILLAGE AND YOU ARE FAILING HIM BY TRYING TO DESTROY IT!"

Sasuke growled at the blonde's words, "Don't you dare speak of what my brother would have wanted! You don't know him, you don't know me!".

The boys held so much rage in their hearts, they began to build chakra for their grandest weapons, Chidori and Rasengan. Hatred grew in their hearts, for as many reasons as they could think of.

Even their love could not save them from this hatred.

The two ran to each other, "If this fucking town won't pay you will!"

Their chakra-embedded tools hit each other, sending a shining light through the area. Yamato and Sakura stared in fear, wondering what would happen to their friends. Sakura quickly finished off her fight and ran to the scene.

"SASUKE! NARUTO!" she yelled as she ran through the house.

She stopped in her tracks as she saw a bloody Naruto and Sasuke's hand on his abdomen.

"NARUTO! OH MY GOD! SASUKE WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?" Sakura yelled as she collapsed on the blonde's body.

Sasuke stared in fear, "What have I done...?" he thought. Everything that just happened was a blur in his mind. He stared at Sakura crying, attempting to heal Naruto, he stared at Naruto's bloodstained body.

He hadn't cried for some time but at this moment his long-awaited tears began to pour out. He stood up backing away, "Im... so sorry..." he muttered. The Uchiha began to run, running as fast as he could. 

The Uchiha called on his team and dropped the plan, "If you are to question my authority! I shall kill you.". No one commented and instead evicted the place.

Sasuke publicly announced, "Konoha you are free, this town is too much of a burden to destory." but of course, everyone knew the reason, that reason being he'd just hurt his supposed loved one.

— —

Sakura cried and cried as she tried to heal Naruto. To her luck, Tsunade showed up. She didn't question the situation but instead began to help, they healed until the boy coughed.

"Sakura-chan, Tsunade... is Sasuke- o-okay?" Sakura tried to speak but for some reason, she could not bring herself to say his name so instead, she said, "shut up. We're trying to help." Naruto tried to nod but couldn't so he just stayed silent.

— —

The days that passed turned into weeks, Naruto was healed now. Even though he was in good health he felt broken. "Sasuke where are you?" he mumbled watching the rain hit the ground.

His friends advised him multiple times to stay clear from Sasuke, "if he was willing to kill you for revenge then he doesn't love you!" Kiba would yell at him, that's all he would hear from his friends, if he loved you he wouldn't have done this. They had a point but even Naruto himself was going to go through with it, that was until he found himself looking at Sasuke's eyes that he dropped the Rasengan.

Sasuke was blinded by anger... that's all.

— —

2 months had passed, Naruto was fully healed, the town was back to shape and running as it once did. Team 7 was sent on a mission, "So what is this mission?" Naruto questioned his sensei. "We have to protect really expensive jewlrey, it's a simple mission so we shouldn't fail," Kakashi responded.

Naruto nodded and continued walking, he wasn't as happy as before but he was still cheerful. The blonde took in the view, he never appreciated the world but after his near-death, he paid more attention.

Team 7 eventually reached their first rest place, "Wow! It's so beautiful!!" Naruto exclaimed as he saw the mountains and rivers. His smile turned into a frown as he saw a cloak similar to the Akatsuki in the distance. "Naruto-san are you okay?" Sai questioned. "Better than every dattebayo!" he cheered.

"Well, I'm going to take a shower. Bye!" the blonde said, the others nodded and he left.

Soon night hit, lucky everyone had their own room. Naruto layed in bed his hair was still damp from his shower. "I can't sleep...." he whined. He eventually got up and decided to get a glass of water.

"Could you fill up any faster?" he mumbled. Just then he felt a gush of wind pass him, sending shivers down his spine. He froze in fear but mumbled, "W-Whose there?". The figure behind him stayed quiet and placed a hand on the younger.

This caused Naruto to quickly turn. Then he saw him, the Uchiha who he loved so much, but also the man who tried to kill him. He didn't know if he should be afraid but he started to shake.

"N-Naruto, you're alive..." Sasuke said amazed by the younger. He pulled Naruto in for a hug taking in his scent, reflecting on all they had been through. "L-let me go!" Naruto yelled.

Sasuke let the boy go shocked. "You tried to kill me! How dare you come back?" he yelled with a shaky voice, it was clear the boy still loved Sasuke but the pain Sasuke had caused was unforgettable.

"I- Naruto I am so sorry, I regret what I did every day. I tried to avoid Konoha and its people, I tried to ignore you and what I feel for you."

Naurto looked at the ground, "Sasuke you know I still love you... but what you did is unforgivable."

"I understand, please... let me make it up to you, I'll do whatever, lets restart." he pleaded. Naruto thought about it for a second but agreed to let the Uchiha try again. Sasuke leaned in to kiss the younger but Naruto pushed him back, "Please don't touch me" Sasuke frowned but said, "okay, sorry."

Naruto looked up as Sasuke was about to leave, "Also I feel like you should know..."

Sasuke turned, curious about what the blonde would say. "I've slept with other people... just thought you should know..." Sasuke felt hurt but he understood, that didn't take the curiosity he felt away though. "If you dont mind me asking, who?"

Naruto's face flushed pink as he mumbled, "Kiba and two girls from the village."

Sasuke frowned at the first name, "Kiba...?". The Uchiha was clearly upset that Naruto had slept with the brunette. "Yeah, I was lonely... he was there." the blonde responded.

Naruto had slept with Kiba but he enjoyed the elders jealousy so he chose not to tell the Uchiha that his name was moaned the entire time.

"I guess it's okay, I have to go but I'll be back tomorrow," Sasuke said as he took his leave.

"Okay," Naruto responded as he watched the elder leave. After that, he could finally sleep. He felt as if a piece of him was restored. After all this world did enjoy them together.