The Beginning

"Definitely not!" Amara shook her head.
"No, dad, she can't leave you to go there"

Dad chuckled. "Nneoma, you will go, do you hear?"

I gave a slight nod saying nothing.

Dad had decided I would go to boarding school and my elder sister's school for that matter. Amara was pissed off because she never wanted me to be a boarder and she never wanted me to come to her school.

My former school, Leone High school had increased their school fees to two hundred thousand which was too much for dad to afford so I had to go and stay with Amara in DavAnn's school, a school where only girls could be boarders and boys were day students .
***
It was Sunday, I woke up with a safe feeling in my heart, a nostalgic one. I was leaving home and that was that. I was going to miss mom, she didn't live with us and only came home after two weeks and now I won't be seeing her at all.

I had a quick bath and dressed up for church, Amara was still sleeping in her room and she had refused to speak with me since the incident of yesterday.

We were the only daughters, my brother Kennedy was in University, final year and Amara was in SS2 while I was in JS3. After church, I went home and began to dress up for school, Amara was already dressed up still fuming.
Dad got the car ready and in two hours time, we were driving to DavAnn's school.
***
"Hey, get down now" I told Amara a bit angry.

We had arrived at school and she was wasting time to come down and start registering.

Amara hissed and stepped out of the car.

Dad was standing by the car and when I came closer, he took my hand and led me to my class line.

"Hello, a new student?" A friendly looking woman asked.

"Yes" dad replied.

"Welcome, I'm Mrs. Nwaru and I teach chemistry, I'm your form teacher, now what's your name dear?"

"My name is Brian Nneoma Ryl"
The woman smiled and wrote it down.

"Your age and best colour?"
I looked up at Dad but he was just staring at the paper on the table.

"I'm fourteen and gold is my best colour"

"Nice, you will be in yellow house, the sun dormitory, don't worry someone will lead you there and mind you, your class is Jss3 Bright".

"Thank you" Dad greeted the woman and led me out of there.

The next place was my guardian's office. He is a young and interesting man, he shook hands with Dad.

"So this is your second daughter, what's her name?"

"Nneoma" Dad replied.

"So now... I have Amara and Nneoma" he chuckled.

"Sure" Dad laughed and handed him some money for my keep.

"Well, Nneoma.... My name is Mr. Uche"

"I will take good care of her sir"

"I trust you" Dad replied.

Amara was done with her registration by the time we came out and she still had a mean frown.

"Amara, please take good care of your sister"

"As if I have a choice" she said.

"Nneoma is in yellow house"

"I'm in red house" Amara retorted. "How do I take care of her?"

Dad eyed Amara strictly then dug his hands into his pocket and brought out wads of naira notes which he handed to her.

Amara hugged Dad suddenly and I could guess she wanted to cry. "I will miss you daddy and mummy too" she said quietly.

"I will make sure I visit okay? And I will send money from time to time"

Amara nodded and left him.

Dad pulled me to a tight hug. "Good bye, read your books and don't get into trouble, obey your seniors and go to Amara and your guardian when you have problems okay? Don't hesitate to call me when you need me"

"Yes daddy"
He released me and climbed into his car, Amara stood beside me and we waved at him as he drove away.

Then Amara pulled her luggage. "Wait here, you will need help in carrying all that load"
I nodded. She returned some minutes later with students about my age in smart yellow uniforms.

"Ngwa, two of you, help her to carry her stuffs, I'm following you"

One of the girls hissed rudely before she picked my gallon and started going. She was very fair and had thick and black dense hair weaved neatly.

The other girl looked short but mature and smiled timidly as she took my box and began to follow the other girl. Amara helped with my other items as we trudged to yellow house.

Welcome to my first novel cutie, I assure you that you will have fun.

Also, no form of negative language is in this book, it's for all secondary ages.

Please do not copy my work, it's so annoying and quite wrong, create your own idea, create your own work, create your own story. Don't be a copycat.

Have fun.