Results

Kosi was very quiet towards me after what happened to her in my sister's dormitory, then she fell sick and went home.

"Ryl, shey you know you are wicked?" Flourish told me one afternoon while we were washing on the lawn.

"How? What did I do?" I asked surprised.

"Because of you... Kosi has gone home, you are lucky she did not tell her mother that it's because of you she fell sick because her mother is a mad woman"

I said nothing.

Asah tapped Flourish and Flourish turned to look at her. "Is this your washing space?" She asked with her hands folded.

"No" Flourish replied looking confused.

"So shift because me and Deze exchanged space and you are obstructing me" Asah said rudely and pushed Flourish lightly.

Flourish hissed and walked away. Asah winked at me. "I'm joking o, me and Deze did not exchange anything"

I smiled.

"Learn how to sharpen mouth so that people would not talk to you anyhow, do you hear?" She told me.

I nodded without a word. "But Asah , is it true that Kosi is sick because of the beating?"

Asah shrugged. "Serves her right"

I giggled.

***
 It was a Thursday morning, the week after we took our tests when my form teacher, Mrs. Nwaru entered the class.

We all stood up to greet her.

"Good morning to you too" she said with a smile. "Is Kosi in school?"

"No ma" we chorused.

"Okay fine.... Anderson?"

Anderson stood up immediately tucking his shirt in.

"Share the results to them" she said handing to him, some printed sheets.
I had my heart in my mouth at that moment.

..... And Brian Nneoma?"

My head shot up sharply.

"I want to see you immediately"

My heart beat faster and I stood up and followed her. 'Why did she want to see me all of a sudden?' I thought.

Anderson began to share the sheets.

Mrs. Nwaru paused at the corridor and smiled at me. "So Nneoma, you are very intelligent hm?"

I stared at her blinking my eyes not knowing what to say.

"You amazed me, just a new comer and you have overtaken my best students..... Well, I wouldn't like to spoil your surprise so go and see your result" she said.

"Thank you ma" I muttered and rushed into the class.

Anderson was still sharing the results when I entered when he was done, three sheets were left in his hand, my own, Kosi's own and his.