Advancement

I went through the remaining years like a dummy, I was almost losing my mind, Amara visited frequently since her university was nearby.

She was very understanding and listened to every complaint I had to make but it didn't make me happy.

I failed completely in the beauty pageant and for a while, I felt defeated.

Kosi was the queen and Deze was the princess, they hailed them while they taunted me every single soul except Asah and Flourish.

Flourish was sympathetic which I hated while Asah was understanding and I took comfort in that.

And then we advanced to our last class in senior School and in secondary school, Kosi was appointed as the Head girl and I was the assistant.

I couldn't cope with teaming up with Kosi so I opted out and another person took my space which equally gave my mates a reason to taunt me, there were enough reasons to taunt me, I'm quiet, I'm an arts student although I  have the brains for science, I cried when I was insulted and I hardly insulted back and I didn't have a boyfriend, literally everyone in SS3 had boyfriends, Asah had one too.

He was called Kele although he's full name was Kelechi and he was Anderson's friend in our JSS3.

Asah was the cultural prefect  and she loved her post so much, she made me to join some of the cultural activities, I knew she was trying to make me happy, but I had gotten used to sadness, I didn't think I would ever be happy again because I cried almost every day and my dreams were always sad and at times, I saw Anderson... often times.

He still hadn't given me his contact and the last time I went to mum's place, his sister was nowhere to be found.

I lost hope entirely and tried to stop thinking about him but my dreams were filled with him and they were so real, I felt like I was going crazy and I prayed to God repeatedly to help me.

It was WAEC period, the day I didn't have papers but Asah did, she was in the hall and I was in the tuck shop waiting for her when Nora entered, she didn't look so huge anymore but she looked pretty scary when she frowned and junior students treated her like a goddess.

"Hi Ryl" she said to me.

"Nora" I smiled.

"Why are you here all alone? You don't want to join others outside?"

"Ah no" I shook my head with a chuckle.

Nora sat beside me. "Ryl, what is wrong with you?"

"How do you mean?" I asked her startled.

"I know I've not been a good friend but I'm worried about you"

I scoffed. "Really?"

"Deze told me you were talking in your sleep" she told me.

I felt embarrassed. "And so?" I snapped.

"You were crying actually and you were calling Anderson"

I lowered my eyes and began to play with my fingers.

"Was he your boyfriend?" She finally burst the bubble.

"What? No!" I had a shocked look on my face.

So that was all she could arrive at?

"So why are you still thinking about him? It's been long since he left"

"You know what? I don't know. Don't ask me stupid questions, stop pretending like you care, if I tell you  anything, within a second, it would be streaming round the school" I replied in anger.