A New Beginning

Chiamaka drove into my lodge. "Alright, see you later"

"Thanks for the ride".

"Anytime" she grinned. I got down and shut the door carefully.

I opened the door and got in, unbuckling my shoes and placing them carefully at the side of the room, I pulled off my dress and replaced it with a singlet and short and I began to cook.

I was nearly done with preparing my sauce when Chiamaka called.

"Just to remind you.... It's nearly time for the party, I'll pick you up, Tosin would be there too" she said immediately I picked up.

"Okay" I replied.

"Put on something nice, it's not only 100 level students you will see there o"

"Come on, you said it was only freshmen"

"See your mouth like freshmen" she mocked. "We need vibes in the party not all these yeye small boys"

I laughed. "Okay, but no misbehaving"

"It's not only you that they gave home training" she said sharply and hung up.

I brought out a wine red shirt gown in readiness for the party.

I rounded up my cooking but didn't bother eating because I didn't feel hungry.

***

The car honked outside and I hissed in displeasure as I hurriedly grabbed my bag and hurried outside.

Chiamaka was standing outside her car, she was putting on a body hug gown that stopped at her thighs, showing off lots of fat, her feet was covered with a pair of black boots, her make-up was light but beautiful.

"You look stunning" I told her.

"Thank you and get in" she smiled ruefully.

I entered immediately acknowledging Tosin who sat at the back.

"It's like I'll borrow this your gown one day o" Tosin joked taking in my appearance.

"Don't worry, we will exchange" I replied looking at the sky blue crazy jeans and black crop top she wore.

Tosin laughed loudly as Chiamaka started the car and drove out of my lodge.

We were all silent as Chiamaka drove to the venue of the party, a storey building that was off-campus and was situated in a busy area of Nsukka which surprised me because I thought Nsukka was too rural.

"Who's the owner of this place?" I asked her.

"A final year student, his father is the VC and his cousin just got admission....."

Tosin scoffed. "Very funny... So who's throwing the party? Its not as if whoever the cousin is, got the admission on merit"

"The final year student is throwing the party, his name is Francis and I heard he's one of the coolest boys in campus"

Chiamaka smiled dreamily as she pulled the car to a stop in front of the beautiful edifice.

"How come you know so much?" I stared at her with questioning eyes although she wasn't looking at me.

"Because my sister is in final year too". She answered.

Tosin hissed and got down carrying her bag along, I followed her swiftly.

People were already there, the gate was open for anyone to come in and people were streaming in and out of the compound.

"I didn't know university parties are like this" I murmured.