Fresher

I secured admission at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.

Dad was very proud and he treated me to a wonderful lunch and shopping spree at one of the biggest supermarkets in our area.

Kennedy bought some clothes for me and jewellery although I protested against it.

They were all ready to spoil me silly.

I arrived at my school in early October, the school was already in session and Dad registered me, paid my lodge fee and other requirements, he asked me to be of good behaviour and then he left.

I felt lonely but I wasn't sad, nobody knew me too well to make fun of me.

The room was small and self contained, a small bed was by the right corner and a nightstand was beside it.

A shelf stood at the left side of the room and it was empty. A smaller room was by the side of the shelf where I assumed was the kitchen and just beside it was a small but neat bathroom.

I loved the place and I quickly arranged my things in the room before lying down to make a call to Asah.

"Hello Ryl, how are you?" She asked the moment she picked up.

"I'm fine, I just arrived at school"

"Oh, I'm still at home now, we are waiting for the supplementary list" she said.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you will get the admission okay?"

She sighed. Asah put medicine and surgery and equally at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka but she hasn't gotten admission yet.

"So how's school na?" She asked cheerily.

"Nothing is happening, I just arrived here like I said"

"Make new friends o, don't miss me so much" she joked.

"You wish" I laughed.

"Have you heard from Anderson yet?" She asked me.

My heart thumped faster. "No, why are you asking?"

"I saw his father yesterday at my mum's office"

"You didn't talk to him, did you?"

She chuckled. "How could I? He doesn't even know me and besides it looked like he was arguing with my mum about something, it just wasn't the right time"
I sighed.

"But I equally got to know Anderson is on Instagram.... But Ryl, I would say you should forget about him, he probably isn't thinking about you.... It's not like you were his girlfriend or something"

I was pained but there was sincerity in her voice, she meant well. "I know... What's his name on Instagram?"

"Andy Iwu" she replied bluntly.

"Okay, thank you, greet everyone for me"

"No problem"

"Bye, take care"

"You too and keep your eyes sharp for hot boys on campus, you can't be single for long" she advised sounding serious but I laughed and hung up.