The Anniversary

TW- mention of suicide

Today was the day she was excited for it to be over. It was the anniversary of the worst day of her life that she will never forget no matter how much Hattie tries. She got up and dressed feeling exhausted having not slept much the night before. She didn't have an appetite so she decided to eat later. Fiona was at work and left a sweet note on the kitchen counter saying they'll watch a movie together later on, which made Hattie have a bittersweet smile on her face.

Hattie decided to ride her skateboard to school, even though she knew it would make her late she couldn't be bothered to care today. She had her earphones in listening to 'cigarette daydreams' hoping to drown out her thoughts and feelings.

_________________________________

• glee club•

As the group was performing 'Don't stop believin'
Hattie's mind was too distracted so she didn't even notice Quinn leaving the room until Mr Schue started talking.

"Quinn you okay?"

"I think she just had a bad breakfast burrito"

"Can we please talk about the giant elephant in the room?"

"Your sexuality?"

Hattie wasn't really in the mood for Santana's jokes today so she muttered to her without anyone else being able to hear.

"What about yours?"

Santana snapped her head faster than Hattie's seen anyone move before and looked at Hattie with a hard expression, making hattie regret she said anything because she could see the right through Santana , she was scared. Anyways Hattie wasn't one to be talking about other peoples sexuality's when she couldn't even talk about her own.

"Rachel, we can't do it without her."

"I did not pay to see 'The Rachel Show',so count me out" Hattie snarked.

Mr Schue ignored Hattie's remark and replied to Kurt.

"That's not true , we may have to layer Santana and Mercedes over Quinn's solo , but we will be fine"

"Maybe for the invitationals but not for the sectionals and certainly not for regionals." Artie said.

"Invitationals. So that's how you pronounce it" hattie thought aloud making Mercedes laugh.

"Wheel chair kid is right, Rachel makes me want to light myself on fire but she can sing." Puck interjected.

"Rachel left guys, she's gone"

"And she will be forgotten" Hattie said jokingly whilst praying up to the sky dramatically making Santana laugh out loud , releasing the tension from earlier.

Mr Schue rolled her eyes and said
"If we're gonna make this work, we can't look back."

"Wait, is no one gonna check to make sure Quinn hasn't choked on her own vomit, because that can happen." Hattie told.

Everyone was quiet so Hattie left the room without saying anything to check on Quinn.

•in the bathroom•

"Yo Quinny, you okay?"

"What do you want Hattie?" Quinn replied in a stern voice. Hattie followed it and found her sat next to the toilet with her palm on her forehead.