Cigarette daydreams

Hattie had been avoiding Quinn and her friends all weekend. She really didn't want to see anyone but she knew she had to go to school and face them. She sighed as she looked in the mirror at her reflection. She has dark circles under her eyes from the lack of sleep. She doesn't know why she feels so down at the moment. Nothing had set it off and nothing bad had happened. So why does she feel like staying in bed and not seeing anyone?

Anyways, she had tried to cover the underbags up but she didn't own any foundation and Fiona's was the wrong skin tone.

Hattie sighed as she got dressed into her baggy jeans and zip up hoodie. She also put on a black beanie along with her sneakers.

As she grabbed her bag and headed to school, she texted Matt as they were in glee that day.

When she got to school, she saw him sat on the step outside as he waved. She waved back and began walking towards him. Taking a deep breath as he greeted her.

"Hey dude. You good? I haven't heard from you
since last week." He said whilst giving Hattie what he likes to call a 'bro hug.'

"Yeah I'm good, just decided to lay low." Hattie told her best friend, not going into detail. He nodded as the bell rang and they got to class.

-
-
-

After maths had ended, Hattie realised she hadn't seen Quinn yet. That made her kinda nervous, especially since Quinn used Finn to make Rachel jealous. Her girlfriend didn't always realise how her actions affect others, in this case Hattie.

When she got to the choir room, mr Shue was explaining to glee club about how to raise money for Nationals in New York. Which was selling taffy. Hattie narrowed her eyes as she sat down next to Matt and Mike.

"So, to make $5000 at 25 cents a piece. We need to sell 20,000 pieces of taffy." Mr Shue explained making Hattie feel confused.

"Wouldn't we have to buy the taffy in the first place though?" She whispered to Matt, who then made a confused face.

"Oh yeah."

Santana then spoke up, getting Hattie and Matts attention.

"Do you honestly think we can sell 20,000 anything's? I mean, we won regionals for the first time since dinosaurs roamed the planet and I still got a freaking cherry ICEE facial."

"Yeah, I got whiplash from mine." Hattie muttered, thinking back to when Karofsky chucked one violently at her face. 

Glee club was good for her, it was distracting from everything but she still felt so off. Like the world is that tiny bit more grey than usual and everything is just more draining in general.

"Yeah, Santana's right. Nobody cares about us." Quinn added making Hattie face her.

Mike then muttered under his breath as he stood up from his chair.

"I can't listen to this."

"Mike, you okay?" Mr Shue asked the boy.

"No. You guys complain all the time about being mistreated, but you have no idea what it's like to work your butt off for something and have everyone, ignore you." He explained to the room.