[22] Requisition

"WHOA!" WIth a startled yell you threw on your helmet. Who knew if Shadow was some 'advanced' zombot. His physical abilities were extreme enough and the virus was mutating. It was a possibility.

As quick as Sonic was, you overtook him and spin dashed the infected Shadow backwards just as you had earlier, crashing into a building across the street. Shadow scratched your helmet, dangerously deep, and ripped it off.

"SERIOUSLY!?" There it goes for a second time, and you just got it back-...

The sounds of shattered glass and fallen bricks alerted any more infected nearby and they were sure to come to investigate.

"A healthy Shadow would of seen that coming." The hero mocked, trying to get any response from his corrupt ally.

"GO GO GO!" Gante yelled and took the crowd towards the truck. Omega had managed to distract some, and the noise you just caused attracted them as well.

Rouge taunted the distraught Shadow from above, keeping his eyes on her while the refugees snuck by.

You and Sonic were a little panicked as you ran side by side, you looked to him while Sonic looked back. "How did he even get infected? I thought he was smart enough to avoid that."

"I don't know- he must have been overwhelmed and couldn't run. Afterall, that truck made a lot of noise. It brought a lot to them."

"We'll go with that- even if I don't like the guy I'd hate to learn he was just being stupid."

Gante skid to a halt as he made it to the truck, swinging open the heavy doors and practically tossing people inside. Rouge flew to the driver's seat and prepared to take off as soon as everyone was inside.

You guarded the door while Sonic continued to hold off infected. Everyone was ready to get out of there and boarding took no time at all.

"We're ready to go!" Gante called, stepping inside and closing the doors behind him. And Rouge just HIT IT. Pedal to the metal and zoomed off. Even when riding the SS Endurance, you thought that the truck's engines could of actually been louder.

You were kept busy with the horde, now it was your time to escape... but-

"(Y/n), Sonic, we got a little friend on your tall and he's rather quick." Rouge called over the communicated, and you turned to look at what she meant.

Shadow had snuck past, looking perfectly reconstructed and unharmed as he chased down the truck like a lost dog.

"Great..." Sonic mumbled. While continuing to fight, he quickly came up with a plan. "I'm going to reroute Shadow and then I have to run, I don't feel too good."

"Ok, me and Omega got this."

"You sure? He doesn't like you too much either."

"Hopefully the rest of team dark isn't as stupid as him." You joked, giving Sonic a thumbs up, "Besides, I'll be waiting for a second match with that doofus for thinking taking on me was a good idea."

Sonic was amused and ran after Shadow, leaving you and Omega back to back. Omega was gunning down more infected and your eyes remained on Shadow, he was yours.

"Return to sender!" You heard Sonic yell, charismatic as always. However Shadow, was sentient. Grabbing Sonic's arm he tossed the hero to the ground, throwing him over his shoulders and about to claw into him like some classic zombie movie.

'Ouch'.

But the blue hedgehog wasn't done yet, and managed to kick Shadow back, staggering him to that he really could 'return to sender'. You smiled as the zombot Shadow shook his head and found a new target. You.

"Bring it on little man." You wave you fingers as if beckoning him, and the hedgehog lunged at you, claws bared. But another set flew past you, grabbing Shadow in the face.

Omega's upper body whipped around while his arm stayed firing, the other grabbing Shadow. "𝚈𝙾𝚄'𝚁𝙴 𝚆𝙴𝙻𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙴 𝚂𝙼𝙰𝙻𝙻 𝙰𝙽𝙸𝙼𝙰𝙻."

"Wait but that's Shadow!"

"𝙽𝙴𝙶𝙰𝚃𝙸𝚅𝙴. 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚂 𝙸𝚂 𝙰𝙽𝙾𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚁 𝙴𝙶𝙶𝙼𝙰𝙽 𝚁𝙾𝙱𝙾𝚃 𝚃𝙷𝙰𝚃 𝙼𝚄𝚂𝚃 𝙱𝙴 𝙳𝙴𝚃𝚂𝚁𝙾𝚈𝙴𝙳."

With complete disregard for Omega's ally, he sent the dazed Shadow face first into the concrete below. Of course, the mutated zombot didn't feel anything but man, it hurt a little to see Shadow go down like that so easily, and to see a friend do that to him so mercilessly.

But your thoughts did a backflip when Shadow reformed from the virus goop and started ripping into Omega's body.

"OMEGA!"

You grabbed what little remained of the robot, his head, and ran for the rooftops, leaving Shadow to roam free once again...

The robot in your arms tried to fight back with words. "𝙸 𝙳𝙾 𝙽𝙾𝚃 𝚁𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙰𝚃. 𝙸 𝙳𝙸𝙴 𝙷𝙴𝚁𝙴 𝙾𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚁𝙴 𝙸𝚂 𝙽𝙾 𝙷𝙾𝙽𝙾𝚁."

"Oh be quiet tin-can, I'm trying to save your life- so you can terminate more eggman robots later. Right?"

Omega was quiet for a few moments, and when you stopped on a rooftop to catch your breath. "𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚂 𝙸𝚂 𝙰𝙲𝙲𝙴𝙿𝚃𝙰𝙱𝙻𝙴."

You called down Olive, and she picked you up from one of the taller buildings. The only sound from the return trip was an arguing Omega, who demanded to be put back together to continue his rampage.

You didn't talk to Olive, you didn't talk to Omega, you just stared out the hangar door at the overpowering horde below, where you knew hundreds of innocents became victims, and where you lost a powerful ally.

[]======[]
Same thing, I know they just took him out early in the comics because of how strong he is, but they did it in a rather poor way.

I wish I could of written moments between the reader and Shadow more because I know he's a fandom favorite character.

ALSO! 1K Reads, THANK YOU ALL!!!

Chapter Length @960 Words

- S.Ishvalda

Ishvalda