A Piece That Is Missing

Sanem entered the Agency taking a few deep breaths

Sanem entered the Agency taking a few deep breaths. Everyone was moving quickly around her, but Sanem felt her surroundings slowing down. Everything around her had a hazy film making it hard for her to focus on anything.

Where was she going? What was she doing?

Sanem never felt so distant from her life before, so empty and alone. She never knew what it meant to feel lonely in a crowd before this moment.

Sanem finally walked down the steps to the photoshoot, but as Sanem saw Can she froze on the steps. It felt like years since they last spoke on the cursed rocks, but in reality it was only the night before. She knew in her heart that she wouldn't be able to handle never seeing him again. Unable to move, Sanem just stood there watching Can's movements, his hand gestures, the intensity on his face that was focused on the task at hand. Sanem felt as if she would be content just standing there watching Can for eternity. If only her world could be this moment. Sanem's admiration and love grew into grief as she realized she was most likely watching Can with his camera for the last time.

Sanem's thoughts were interrupted by someone accidentally shoving her to the side with a roll of material. Sanem nearly fell but caught herself on the banister as someone yelled their apologies past her.

Soon After, a hand came to steady her.

" Are you alright? I just saw what happened,"

It was Yigit with a concerned look on his face. Sanem was disappointed as she hoped Can would have been the one to catch her, just like he used to. Sanem for a moment remembered the countless collisions Can and her would have in the office before she truly knew him. Can never lost his patience in those moments. Sanem would always look up at Can in shock while he stared down at Sanem in awe. How she wished Can would look at her that way once again.

"Sanem?" Yigit tugged at Sanem's arm bringing her back to the present.

"Hmmm?" Sanem said confused.

"Are you sure you're ok, Sanem?"

With a forced smile Sanem nodded, "Don't worry I'm fine, I should probably get down there to help."

Sanem gave Yigit a "thank you" nod, as she looked away, staring once again at Can who was seemingly oblivious to her fall.

Yigit nodded in return, and was about to say something else but Sanem was already finding her way downstairs.

Sanem at the bottom of the steps said a loud good morning to the team, hoping it would make Can look up from his work, but he didn't move his eyes from his set up. In fact he moved in closer, really studying the table and all its angles.

Sanem's grief turned to anger as Can barely acknowledged her existence. When Can would act like this she always felt invisible. Can was the only one who saw Sanem for who she truly was, and when he would ignore her it felt like a punishment. She couldn't handle being unnoticed by him today and decided to go to Can directly and say loudly, "GUNAYDIN CAN BEY," wishing him an exaggerated good morning. Can barely responded as he was now fixated on something on his computer screen.