Chapter 18

3rd person's POV
After a bit of roaming, they stopped in front of a snacks aisle, mostly filled with bug filled items, but they didn't mind.

"Yo, grab those ones over there, Anne." The blonde said while pointing at some chips.

The brunette raised an eyebrow, since she wasn't the closet one to it, it would've been smarter to ask Marcy, but she brushed it off and leant over to grab it.

Marcy felt her face flush when Anne was inches away from her, but her blush calmed a little once she realized she was just trying to get the chips.

"Uh, I-I can get it." She tried to butt in, so she wouldn't turn any redder.

Anne opened her mouth to say something but Sasha beat her to it.

"Thanks, Mar-Mar, but I wouldn't want you to do anything you don't have to, so Anne can do it."

Anne leant back to glare at Sasha slightly, which the blonde only chuckled in response.

Oh Anne, if you only knew I'm doing you a favor, you'd probably thank me.

And maybe give me a hug-

Sasha flushed pink at the thought and shook it off.

What am I thinking? Marcy and Anne belong together.

She let out a small sigh, which made Anne glance at her in concern but she decided to grab the chips.

She leaned over Marcy again, this time the raven-haired girl backed up, which only made Anne stub her foot on the bottom of the cart, which made her inhale sharply and stumble.

Marcy instinctively held her arms out, which Anne fell into.

Marcy stared at her in concern and said. "You okay?"

Anne felt tears brimming in her eyes and she laughed it off, she forgot how bad it hurt to stub your toe.

"I-I'm good."

They were both too focused on subsiding Anne's temporary pain that they hadn't noticed how close they were, but a smiling blonde did.

"Gosh, if only I had my phone." She muttered.

The two oblivious girls didn't hear her, and Marcy leant down and forced Anne to look up.

She scanned the brunette's face for any pain, and Anne could feel herself turning red.

"T-This isn't necessary, you know? Hey! I think I feel better!" She said and tried to get up, but froze once she realized how close they were.

Marcy was confused for a second but blushed soon after once she had the same realization.

"Uh, yeah- I-" She said, stumbling over her words but deciding to just let Anne go.

Anne quickly got up and rubbed the back of her neck.

It went silent as Sasha's eyes darted around the store, not knowing how much longer these two would be oblivious.

"Anyways... Anne, you really couldn't do one thing?" Sasha said, cracking a joke to try to lighten up the awkward tension.

It seemed to work as Marcy laughed and Anne glared at the blonde.

"Says the one who couldn't get it herself."

Sasha smiled and said. "That's fair..."

Before Anne could try to make a witty response, Sasha turned around.

"Hey— Where are you going?"

"To walk around some more and check out the things!"

"But— The chips are still here."

"Eh, I decided I change my mind."

Anne gaped a little before huffing, she really had to go through all that embarrassment for nothing.

They caught up with the blonde and grabbed some items before paying and leaving the store.

"Grime will not like that I wasted some of his money..." Sasha thought aloud, only to shrug it off.

They made it to Anne's house, went inside, and put the stuff down.

Sasha plopped down on the couch, Marcy and Anne joined on either side of hers.

"Alright... What are we gonna watch?"

To be continued...