Chapter 35: Love Isn't So Bad

3rd person's POV
It was the day after, and Anne had been looking forward to it since her dream.

She waited and flicked a small paper ball, she was about to flick another one until she heard a knock.

She quickly sprung to her feet and eagerly opened the door, and she felt some air get knocked out of her once she saw the two.

She slightly smiled but let them in, the two other girls were nervous since they didn't know what Anne was thinking.

Sasha and Marcy didn't meet her eyes and Anne's smile faltered at that.

Did they change their mind?

I mean, I wouldn't blame them if they did but— I don't know.

Soon though, Sasha rubbed her hands on her legs and said. "So, are we gonna talk?"

"Yeah, I'm ready." Anne said.

Marcy and Sasha glanced at each other before smiling in reassurance at Anne.

"Don't feel pressured to do anything you don't want to, Anne."

Anne felt her heart flutter, as she smiled.

"I won't do anything I'll regret, at least not right now."

It went silent before Anne said.

"I've... figured myself out."

"Huh?"

"It's clear I don't like guys, and I like you two..."

They nodded in acknowledgment.

"Same with me." Marcy said.

"And, I've been thinking, instead of us fighting and all that, why can't we just all date?" She said before squeezing her eyes shut, too anxious to see their reaction.

A heavy silence filled the air before Marcy spoke up.

"That's an option?!"

Sasha smiled and lightly shook her head.

"We're so stupid, we could've done this earlier!"

"Well, past is in the past, I guess." Anne said with a small smile.

"But, we'll only do that if you're comfortable with it," The brunette said.

The two other girls glanced at each other before walking towards her with grins.

"Of course, we'd love that."

Anne's face brightened up at that before pulling them both into a hug.

"You guys are the best."

"We know."

Anne snuggled into them before freezing and pulling away.

The other girls tensed up, assuming that she had changed her mind but instead she said something else.

"Oh my gosh, that was a lame way of asking you out, I'm sorry!"

"W-What?"

"I mean I just said it so normally—"

"Anne, it's fine, really, we're just glad that you wanted this too."

Anne felt tears of happiness brimming in her eyes.

"W-Well, I'm still gonna ask you out anyways."

"Can I be your guys' girlfriend?"

They smiled and said. "You already know the answer to that."

Anne couldn't believe it, she was actually dating the two girls she loved, which made her smile stupidly.

Marcy turned to Sasha before saying. "And you? Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Hmm... Nah." She said.

Marcy shoved her lightly once she saw Sasha bite back a smile.

"You're so mean!"

"I was just joking! I'd love to." She said with a laugh.

They smiled at each other, but then looked at Anne.

"Maybe being in love with your best friends isn't as bad as I originally thought." She murmured to herself.

They didn't hear her which made them stare at her in confusion.

"What—"

"Never mind that! I'm just glad I have both of you in my life."

"We feel the same." Marcy said and Sasha only nodded in agreement.

There was an embarrassed blush on her face though, she really wasn't used to talking about her feelings.

"Okay, let's move on, it's starting to set in that we've been being mushy."

"Pfft, you think we're gonna let you off that easily? You wish, Waybright." Anne said.

Sasha pretended to be annoyed but the smile on her face betrayed her.

Anne glanced at the two before extending her hands out, which the two girls grabbed one of each.

Anne laid her head on Sasha's shoulder, which made the blonde beam.

Marcy sighed happily before rubbing her thumb on Anne's knuckles.

"Maybe love isn't so bad..."

They held each other's hands with blushes on their cheeks and grins on their faces.

To be possibly continued...

(A/N) I feel like this is a good enough ending but what do you guys think? I have one more chapter idea but it'll take place in the future, so should I end it here or write the last one next?