Chapter 21

3rd person's POV
Deep down she knew she liked the two girls, but was she ready to accept that fact?

What she didn't know was that she'd be forced to confront her feelings for them very soon.

She got up and headed towards her room to take a nap.

The two girls that had just left the house walked side by side in comfortable silence.

Sasha glanced at Marcy before smiling softly.

"Uh, Marcy?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you think... Like, if you liked someone— actually, if someone liked you, what would you want them to do?"

Marcy's brows furrowed in confusion as she hummed in thought.

"Honestly, I never thought about that, I don't think anyone has liked me? I'm not very... anyways, that's a random question." She said and turned toward the other girl.

Sasha blushed and sighed. "You don't give yourself enough credit, Marcy."

"What does that even mean—"

"Like, you're so sure no one has liked you but, you're pretty cool, I mean— not that I like you!"

Marcy stared at her in confusion but she felt a little hurt at how defensive she was being.

"Why are you saying it like it'd be a bad thing?"

Her eyes widened once she realized Marcy took it the wrong way, and she shook her head in objection.

"That's not it! I— I just—"

It went silent as they continued walking, this time there was clear awkward tension.

"I didn't mean it like that," Sasha finally spoke.

"It's just, I mean, I didn't want you to think I liked you."

Marcy bit her tongue to stop herself from saying anything, but her silence only scared Sasha.

"And you liking me would be a bad thing?" She said, not intending to sound as upset as she did.

"No! I just didn't think you'd want that, of course."

Marcy stopped, which forced her to do the same.

She turned towards her and gazed into her eyes, which made Sasha a little surprised and hopeful.

She didn't know what came over her, but she finally said what she was thinking.

"And what if I did want it? What then?" She whispered.

To be continued...