Chapter 23

3rd person's POV
"You do realize there is, perhaps, another person who likes you?"

Marcy furrowed her eyebrows and said. "I highly doubt that."

Sasha sighed and said. "You know, for a smart person, you can be really stupid sometimes."

She gaped at her and Sasha only smiled.

"So, back to the earlier topic, I said you would be stupid to want me to like you, since there's a better gi- person waiting for you,"

"But I didn't say I would be mad at it, in fact, I might've been a little happy, but all hypothetical, right?"

Marcy caught her gaze, only to see Sasha gazing back.

"I-I guess... But, what would you do next then?"

Sasha's gaze fell to her shoes as she sighed.

"Probably nothing, I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to this kind of stuff,"

It went silent again.

"...But if a certain person were to try anything, I wouldn't be mad."

They looked at each other again, and Marcy felt her cheeks heating up.

"Hypothetically."

They both knew despite the fact that they were pushing it being hypothetical, that they were both saying their feelings aloud without actually fully admitting it.

Marcy took a step forward and Sasha stood, letting whatever happen, happen.

Back with Anne, she was tossing and turning, trying and trying to drift off, only to fail.

She huffed in frustration and threw the cover off of her before sitting up.

The whole time she'd spent trying to sleep, she could've been doing something productive, instead she spent it on thinking of her best friends.

She sighed again and buried her face in her hands.

Why do I get so happy around them? And so flustered?

They're just my friends, nothing more, nothing less, right?

But the more time she spent thinking, the harder it was to deny the truth.

Sure, I wouldn't mind dating them— but only if they were guys! Yeah, that's right, I'm totally straight.

Even though she thought it, Anne even knew it was a load of lies, and she frowned.

Okay, so what if I like them? It's not like anything will happen.

Besides, I'm pretty sure they have a thing for each other.

After a bit more of thinking, Anne smiled.

But I don't know that for sure! Maybe I should take a walk?

She nodded to herself, got up, and left the house, closing the door behind her.

But nothing could've prepared her for what she saw, as she felt the air leave her lungs.

To be continued...