Chapter 24

3rd person's POV
There stood her best friends, faces inches away from each other.

They didn't seem to hear her, and Anne was frozen out of shock.

She wanted to move, to yell so they'd turn towards her and stop kissing, but her words got caught in her throat.

Marcy closed her eyes as their lips brushed, as Sasha let out a happy sigh.

Anne stumbled back and her back hit the door, which made a loud thud.

They quickly pulled away with flushed faces and immediately looked at the direction of the noise.

"What was that— Anne?"

The brunette shook her head and ran inside the house, and quickly shut it behind her, locking it as well.

Sasha's eyes flashed with worry, and she quickly tried to open the door, but it stayed shut, but she continued to jiggle the door knob.

"Anne? Anne?!" She said, worried.

Marcy stood besides her, her eyes were also filled with worry, as they tried to get Anne to open the door.

Anne knew her reaction wasn't justified since Marcy and Sasha only saw her as a friend, but that didn't mean it hurt any less.

She rubbed her face, suddenly tired.

This would've been helpful when I was trying to sleep, maybe then I wouldn't have seen that.

...Would I have wanted that though? Then I wouldn't know they'd kissed, but I want to know that though since I wouldn't have to be left in the dark... I don't know.

She walked to her room, and ignored the pounding on the door.

Sasha sighed, and rested her forehead on the door.

"She's not gonna open the door."

"Yeah..."

"We could still try?"

Sasha begrudgingly nodded in agreement, and continued knocking, this time quietly.

A bit of time passed, and her knocks started becoming less hopeful, until someone finally opened it.

To be continued...