Chapter 5 -

Jasper's POV - 

"I'm a vampire..."

Lucy has a dumbfounded look on her face, clearly processing what I had said. After a few minutes of her staring at me, she finally replies to me, although not in the way I'd expect. 

"Huh?" 

"I'm telling the truth, and of course, there is a reason why I am telling you, but I can tell you that in a second. I need you to know what and who I am," I plead with her. 

"Well I mean it explains some things, like why you are so cold. I don't know why, but I don't feel scared of you, of what you are," Lucy replies.

"There is a reason why you feel that, and it is because you are my mate,"

"As in a soul mate?" she asks.

"Yes, and it is up to you if you want this to stop or continue. We can go on dates, get to know each other. Or you can tell me to go away and stay away." I say scared that she will want the latter.

Things stay quiet for a while and as much as the anticipation is killing me, I know she needs time to take this all in and decide what she wants to do. After a good while of silence, she finally speaks. 

"From the moment I saw you in class, there was something about you that drew me in. The more I've been around you, the more I find myself falling for you." Lucy says walking towards me, she puts her hand on my cheek, which I lean into. 

We slowly start to lean into each other, our lips brush against each other, but before we can kiss, she whispers, "but before you kiss me, you have to take me on a date,"

What a tease... I love it. I smirk and say, "oh darlin, we can go on as many dates as you want." She gives me a cheesy smile and hugs me. 

Lucy's POV - 

We spend a few hours lying in my bed just talking, of course, I want to know how he was turned but I will wait until he is ready. Yawning, he gets up to go home, but I grab his wrist and ask him to stay the night. Jasper smiles and gets back on my bed and cuddles me. 

"Night Jaz,"

"Night sweetheart," 

I go to sleep knowing I am safe and protected. 

A/N a short chapter this time, I just wanted Jasper to tell Lucy about him before Bella finds out...