Chapter 6 -

Lucy POV -
It had been a few days since the whole protection detail had started. It was terrifying knowing why the detail had begun in the first place, but I knew it was necessary. Bella, of course, was enjoying all this. It was like she enjoyed being in danger if it meant she was getting attention. She would walk around the house all smug and saying how grateful she was that everyone was willing to protect her. She was in her own delusional world.
Today I was spending the day with Jacob and then tonight I was attending another bonfire. Bella had invited herself along and was babbling on about all the things her and Jacob could do.

Jasper dropped me and Bella off at the designated spot where Jacob would be. When we pulled up I could see a huge smile on Jacobs face. He greeted me with a hug, "Hi beautiful." Jasper said goodbye to me and went on his way.
" So Jakey, what are we doing today?" Bella asked in an overly flirty tone. I saw Jacob cringe and just said we'd be hanging out in his garage, then later tonight, we'd be going to a bonfire.
"Lucy, there is someone I'd like for you to meet later," Jacob told me very excitedly. I just laughed at him and told him I couldn't wait.
When we were in Jacob's garage he was showing us his latest project. When in the middle of a sentence, his head shot up and that huge smile came back.
"She's here, Lucy come on," Jacob said while dragging me out. Bella was left to follow behind us.
"Lucy, this is Malia, I imprinted on her," Jacob tells me. I look at him shocked, but it explained why he had been so happy today.
"Hi Malia," I greet her.
"Hi, I've heard so many good things about you," Malia says hugging me. Just as she is letting go of me, I hear Bella screech.
"YOU IMPRINTED! ON HER?"
"Yes, and?" Jacob retorted.
"NO YOU LOVE ME!"
This caused Malia to start getting angry and she began to growl, Jacob starts calming her down straight away.
"So you're Bella Swan? Everyone was right, you are plain and bitchy," Malia grits out.
Bella is shocked that Malia said this.
"Im better than you," Bella states as if it's true.
At this, Malia's eyes glow blue, wow. Jacob manages to calm her down.
"WHAT WAS THAT?" Bella screams out. Jacob tells her it's none of her business and tells her to go away. When Bella finally left, Jacob and Malia turn to me to see my reaction.
"What? Im dating a vampire, some of my best friends are shifters. Im not sure if anything could shock me now."
They explained to me that Malia is a werecoyote and the pack had found her in the woods, in her coyote form. When they managed to get her shift back, Jacob imprinted on her and they had spent their time getting Malia being adjusted to being human again. Malia told me that she had been a coyote for around 6 years after a car accident that killed her adoptive mother and sister. I hugged Malia telling her I was sorry. I told them both that if Malia needed a girl to talk to, I was here for her.

BONFIRE -
After spending the day with Jacob and getting to know Malia, we made our way to the beach. I was greeted by everyone and we spent the night hearing the tribal stories and mingling. For the first time in a while I had forgotten about the danger surrounding us. Bella had joined us at one point, but she spent her time scowling and sulking.

Jacob dropped me and Bella off at home, and dad greets us before telling me that Jasper was waiting for me in my room.
"How was your day?" Jasper asked me. I then proceeded to tell him about everything, including Malia,(which Jacob and Malia had given me permission to tell him) to which Jasper was surprised to hear what Malia was. He told me he had spent his day hunting and keeping an eye out for Victoria.

Shelly Hennig as Malia Tate