Chapter 8 -

Lucy POV -

Things between me and Jasper have been amazing, the only problem, is we haven't been able to go on a date. Anyhow, today I decided to sit with my friends, for no reason, just want to split my time between my friends and boyfriend.

I sat with them discussing what we should do after school. We decide to go down to La Push, Bella sits down with us. Eric is the one to mention La Push to Bella, "La Push baby, you in?"

"Am I supposed to know what that means?" She questions back snarkily. 

"Well if you visited dad more, you'd know," I say biting into a carrot.

After explaining what it was, she agreed before going to get some salad. After finalising our plans, I walk over to the Cullens table and sit next to Jasper. 

"Where's Edward?" I ask.

"With your sister," Annie replies. Raising my eyebrows, I look over and see them in a hushed conversation. 

"What's being said?" I ask being nosey. 

"Her theories about us, now she's asking him to go to La Push with her," Jasper replies taking my hand and kissing it. I nod and carry on eating. 

Edward makes his way back and looks at me before asking, "Could you watch out for her please." I look at him emotionless and say back, "why would I need to look out for her? she's a big girl and nothing will happen there anyway," 

Just as he was going to reply, Jasper gives him a look that stops him. The rest of the school day goes by and instead of Jasper dropping me off, Angela offers to drive me to the beach and then back home. Hugging Jasper goodbye, I get into Angela's car and off we go.

AT THE BEACH - 

"I keep thinking Eric is going to ask me to prom, but he doesn't," Angela says solemnly. 

"So, ask him yourself, you are a strong, independent, beautiful woman," I say back to her. 

"I am?" She says unsurely.

"YES, and if he says no, I'll beat him up, I'm sure Jess will help," I say seriously. We all end up laughing, completely forgetting Bella is with us, not that she engages with us, she is too in her head about Edward rejecting her. 

"Lucy! Bella!" I hear from behind me. Turning around, I see Jacob and some of his friends walking up the beach. I smile and go up and hug Jacob who picks me up and spins me around. 

"Put me down, you big oaf!!" I squeal laughing. He laughs putting me down and steading me when I sway. 

"Guys this is Jacob, a childhood friend of mine," I introduce to my friends. They wave at him and of course, Bella has to interrupt. 

"You stalking me now Jacob?" Bella asks, trying to be funny and involve herself. 

"Well, you are on my Rez," he says back uncomfortably. 

"Don't mind her, she's just annoyed, Edward bailed on her," Jess says snarkily. "I asked him to be polite," Bella replies defending herself. "Yeah, well, the Cullens are freaks," Mike then says. 

"Shut up Mike," I say rolling my eyes at him. One of Jacob's friends gets involved saying, "Cullens don't come here,"

This leaves everyone silent for a moment, but I notice the intrigue on Bella's face. Oh no. She gets up and asks Jacob if he wants to look at tide pools, but I know her real intentions, shit, I have to warn Jasper. Jacob asks me if I want to come with them, but I tell him that I just wanted to head home, that I was cold. Angela, (my beautiful angel) still drives me home and I offer to help her with her prom dress. She drops me off and I go straight over to the Cullens in my own car. 

"Didn't expect to see you until tonight darlin, you okay?" Jasper ask me concerned. "Not really, we may have a huge problem," I say back to him. He leads me into his house (holy shit, this will be the first time I'm meeting his parents, okay, breathe,) I am met with smiles and hugs. 

"Hi sweetheart, I'm Esme and this is my husband Carlisle," Esme says embracing me. 

"Wow, Dr. Cullen you sure know how to pick them," I say mesmerized while looking at Esme. Dr. Cullen laughs and agrees with me and pulls Esme closer to him.

"Now, this isn't the way I wanted to meet you, but I had to let you all know that I think Bella is getting closer to finding out. Jacob may have told her about the tribal legends." 

They all sit there either shocked or in Rose and Annie's cases, they are looking at Edward pissed. I can already see the bombs about to explode. 

"SEE, THIS IS WHY I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY. SHE IS NOT YOUR MATE, SHE IS JUST YOUR BLOOD SINGER." Rosalie screams at Edward while Emmet tries to calm her down.

 "Well Lucy knows about us, why can't Bella?" Edward asks as if he hasn't caused enough problems. This question causes Jasper to lose it. 

"LUCY IS MY MATE, MY LOVE, MY SOULMATE. I HAVE NO DESIRE TO DRAIN HER AS YOU DO BELLA. SO DON'T YOU EVER, EVER SAY ANYTHING LIKE THAT AGAIN." Jasper rages at Edward. I notice that his accent is stronger, but I manage to calm him down and we head outside to my car. 

"Sorry you had to see that," he says sadly. I cup his cheek and tell him that there is no worry. We talk a little more and just as I get into m car, he asks me on a date tomorrow. I agree and tell him to pick me up at 7:30 pm because I'd be going prom dress shopping with Angela and Jess. We say our goodbyes and I head home. 

At home, I let dad know about my plans for tomorrow and he says it is okay but tells me I have to be home by a certain time. I head upstairs to my room when Bella bursts in, "I'm getting closer to finding out, and when I do, they will all be mine," she says with a deranged smile on her face. 

"Bella, Bella, Bella," I say getting closer to her, "if you keep on like this, people will actually see how insane you are. The Cullens are not objects for you to claim. Carry on with this behaviour and I will gladly sit back and watch everything fall apart in front of you," I say with a smile on my face. 

She just walks out and slams her own door. I breathe a sigh of relief and call Jess and Angela about the slight change of plans for tomorrow. They squeal with excitement and are so happy for me. Although, they let me know that Bella kind of invited herself along. I roll my eyes but we carry on talking for a while. We go through ideas of the sort of dresses we want and have agreed that even if one of us doesn't have a date, we will still go to prom and have an amazing time. 

After we finally hung up, I went to sleep excited for tomorrow...

I am sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I have been trying to get ahead in researching and writing up true crime cases for my blog that I want to start. So posts may not be every day, so please bear with me. Thank you...