Chapter 7 -

Lucy POV - 

Every day Jasper would pick me up and drop me off. Today was no different. When we arrive at school, there are school buses waiting to take us to a garden center. With Jasper's arms around my waist, Mike comes up to me with a smug look on his face. 

"What's up Arizona?" He says with way too much enthusiasm. 

I look at him with a strange look considering we've never really spoken. "Hi, Mike."

"So I was wondering, with prom coming up and all if you'd want to go with me. Bella said no, so I thought I'd ask you," he says as if he has said nothing wrong. I feel Jasper tense up at the notion. 

"What is wrong with you? Like just in general. 1. If you haven't by some miracle noticed, I'm dating Jasper. 2. I am not a second option just because someone else rejected you. If you opened your eyes and looked around you instead of going after anything with legs, you'd notice that Jessica is into you." I rant. Taking a deep breath, I drag Jasper away to calm down. 

"I have to say, that was incredibly hot darlin," Jasper says with a smirk. I slap his shoulder and laugh.

When we are at the garden center, I can't help but pull Jasper around to look at everything. What I didn't notice was Jasper looking at me with so much love and Bella looking at us with jealousy. 

Bella's POV - 

Seeing my sister and Jasper so happy makes me so annoyed. What is so amazing about her, is that she can date someone like Jasper. The way he looks at her can only be described as pure love. Why can't I have that with Edward? It seems like whenever Edward and I talk, it starts out okay, but then, he is repulsed by me. What am I doing wrong? Is it because I don't flaunt myself around like my sister? Whilst I am deep in thought, Edward comes up next to me.

"What's in Jacksonville?" He asks. How does he know about Jacksonville? He was across the parking lot.  

"How do you know about Jacksonville?" 

"You didn't answer my question," he says back.

"Well, you never answer any of mine. You don't even say hello to me," 

"Hello," He says, is he serious right now?

"How did you stop the van?" I say persisting. I need to know why he is so different. 

"Adrenaline, it's very common, Google it," does Edward really think I am that stupid? 

"Floridians, that's what is in Jacksonville," I say rolling my eyes. I go to storm off, but of course, I trip over some hose on the floor. Before my face can meet the floor, Edward grabs my arms. I have this giddy feeling inside, I mean he wouldn't save me twice now if he didn't feel something for me. 

"It helps if you look where you're going," he says rudely. I go to walk away, slightly embarrassed about how he is speaking to me. 

"I know I've been rude, but it's for the best," then he walks away. This hot and cold behaviour is seriously pissing me off. I want to confront him and ask him what his deal is but before I can, Jessica appears in front of me. 

"Guess who just asked me to prom?!" with excitement I can't describe. 

"Mike?" I question, even though I know the answer. Wonder if she knows she is his third option. 

"Yeah, I totally thought he'd ask someone like Lucy, it's going to be amazing isn't it," 

"Well he did ask me, but I turned him down, then I saw him ask Lucy," I say not really caring if I hurt her feelings. Her face shows sadness but it quickly disappeared. 

"Well I guess best for last," she says with a fake smile before walking away. 

Everyone is now looking at something gross, I turn around not wanting to see it only to see something even grosser. My sister and Jasper smiling, laughing, whispering to each other as if they are the only people on this planet. I know she knows something, I just have to get it out of her or get some more clues. 

Edward suddenly appeared next to me again. 

"Bella, it would be better if we weren't friends," he says abruptly. 

"Too bad you didn't figure that out earlier," I say back to him with anger. "You could have let the van crush me and save yourself all this regret."

"You think I regret saving you," he says with matching anger.

"I know you do,"

Getting closer to my face he says, "You don't know anything," with anger I've never seen before. 

Before I can reply to him, Alice and her girlfriend walk by us asking if I am getting on their bus. 

"No, our bus is full," Edward replies before getting on himself. Feeling a wave of anger I've never felt before, I storm over to the other bus. I knock into Lucy who is stabled by Jasper, but I don't apologise, none of this would happen if she would just tell me what they are. I get onto my bus and stew in my anger. 

At Home - 

(still Bella's POV -) 

Getting back home, I start to walk upstairs when I am stopped by my dad. 

"Your mother called, again," he says. 

"Well you are the one who told her about the accident," I say back to him. 

"She did always know how to worry," he says with sadness. "But, she's changed now... She seems happy with Phil."

"She is," I say walking up the stairs. God, why hasn't got gotten over mum?  I sneak into Lucy's room, to see she isn't there. Must be hoeing around with Jasper. There must be something in here that can tell me what the Cullens are. After a while of looking, I hear the front door open, oh shit, it's Lucy. As quickly as I can, I run back to my room and close the door. I couldn't find anything. 

I will find out, no matter what it takes...