Chapter 5 -

Lucy POV -

It was finally the day that me and Jasper could see each other again. We had planned to meet in Seattle and he'd take me back to his apartment. I had asked dad if that was okay, and he said it was fine, and he'd cover for me. I had to go as far as asking Angela to cover for me as well. 

I got ready and before I went downstairs, I poked my head into Bella's room. As usual, she was staring into nothing, completely catatonic. The only problem, I swear I could see a smirk on her face before she turned around. I shake my head and head downstairs.

Dad had already left for work, so I grabbed a banana before heading out to my car

I get to the meet-up spot a little early so I go through my phone answering texts. I am in my own little world when my eyes are covered. 

"Guess who?" 

"Hmmmmm, Sebastian Stan?" I joke, only to hear him laughing. 

"Close darlin," Jasper says spinning me to face him and hugs me with everything he has. 

"God, have I missed you," he says putting his face in my neck. I relish in his comfort. 

"Hi handsome," I say into his chest. We pull apart but still hold hands. We walk to my car and he gives me directions to his place. When we arrive he guides me to his apartment. As soon as the door closes, Jasper grabs my face and kisses me with everything in him. Jasper picks me up and walks to his couch where we continue to kiss. After a few minutes, we pull apart and stare at each other for a little bit. 

A FEW HOURS LATER -

"So how is everything with Bella?" Jasper asks playing with my hair. 

"Well, she is still screaming bloody murder every night," I answer him yawning. 

"This isn't healthy baby," Jasper says with concern.

"I know, I'm more worried about my dad, considering his job," 

Jasper nods against my head and before I know it, I am fast asleep. 

Jasper POV - 

I can't help but stare at Lucy's face. She looks so peaceful and like she has no worries in the world. I am angry at what Bella is doing. I'd understand going into a slight depression, but this is ridiculous. There is no mate bond between Bella and Edward, so there is no way she is feeling the repercussions of it. 

I know that being away from Lucy has affected us, but with the daily texting and phone calls, things have been slightly better. I notice Lucy's phone light up, and it is Charlie. I answer it for her, I know he'll be worried about her. 

"Hello?" 

"Hi Jasper, is Lucy there?"

"Yeah, she's fast asleep, I can bring her back if you want?" 

"No, no, it's okay. I know she is exhausted. Just get her to call me in the morning." 

"Sure, she can sleep here anytime."

Charlie thanks me and we hang up. I carefully carry Lucy to the bedroom and watch as she cuddles into the blanket. I grab a t-shirt of mine and some boxers, I go to lightly wake her up so she can change. 

"Lucy, baby, wake up a  little, you need to change," I finally get her to get up and she groggily walks into the bathroom to change. I take that time to change myself.

When she comes out, I can't help but admire how cute she looks right now. She flops onto the bed and holds her arms up for me to cuddle her. How can I resist that? I cuddle into her and spend the rest of the night looking up various things. Like rings and homes. 

I also have been talking to the Volturi, they know about Lucy and our plans. They are fine with it because they know we have plans for her to turn. I wanted to see if I could tell Charlie about vampires. I know Lucy hated lying to him. The kings were talking about it and wanted to meet Lucy. So I was talking to Charlie secretly about taking her to Italy. Obviously, he didn't know the real reason. 

Everything seemed to be falling into place. I kiss Lucy's head and close my eyes for a few hours wondering what our future will hold...