Double Duo

This is from a request given by , which is just Hels and Ex being chaotic and bothering their older siblings, which I am rather motivated to do after binge reading Ariyaquila's HC oneshots lol

also I was at a bday party and we were hanging out in the grass and I was just sTANDING IN AN ANT PILE and now my ankles are decimated. wow I do have good luck, I was one of two people out of nine to get bitten asdfghjk

also im terrible at chapter names but this one is like double date? but double duo? cause alliteration?

enjoy!

wc: 899

"I'm boredddd." 

Hels rolled his eyes, turning to look at the Voidan draped over Hels' couch in the nether. Ex heaved a dramatic sigh when Hels returned to swiping his sword at a training dummy.

"I'm bored too, but like, we're in the Nether. Not much fun here."

"Then let's leave the Nether!"

Hels shook his head. "We let the hermits think we were evil. It's what we all wanted. If you go, you're blowing your cover."

"We can manage something!" Ex jumped from the couch, swinging his white hair out of his face and darting to the foyer.

"Where are you going?" Hels shouted after him.

"To set up a portal!" Ex shouted back.

"Don't do that!" Hels called after him. As if to taunt Hels, a whooshing sound came from outside, meaning a portal had been created using Ex's void magic. Hels felt a bit excited, though, after so long of not seeing Wels. So when Ex dragged him out and practically shoved him through the portal, he didn't really resist.

Hels emerged in the sunlight and to the smell of grass. He blinked and his vision cleared from the purple swirls, meeting Xisuma's very startled eyes through his helmet's visor.

"Hey, X-" Hels was interrupted by Ex running through and flinging his arms around his twin brother. 

"X, big bro! Long time no see!" he exclaimed. "I've been so bored, and-"

He continued to ramble. Hels followed X's gaze and noticed the large crowd of hermits standing there, including Wels, who was facepalming.

Well, crap.

"Ex..." Hels started slowly.

Ex noticed the people watching them with stunned expressions. "Oh! Uh.." he said, then cleared his throat and wrapped his arms around X's middle. "HERMITS!" he boomed in the voice he always used when he was pretending to be evil. "I have captu-"

Hels smacked his arm. "Not the time!" Ex frowned at him with a pouty expression.

X finally got himself together and pried Ex's arms off of him. "Er, let me just, take these guys... away?" He laughed awkwardly and started to drag Ex into another room, hissing at him. Wels stood up and went over to Hels.

"What the heck are you doing?" he growled in a low tone, grabbing Hels' wrists with fake malicious intent. The portal had disappeared, so he took Hels with Ex.

"It was Ex's idea," Hels argued. "To be fair, he dragged me into it. Literally."

Wels snorted.

The hermits had gotten their lives together as well and started to shout. A few tried to come help, and a red sweatered hermit Hels had never seen before looked very confused.

"My goodness, you've caused a huge problem," X was saying to Ex. "How am I supposed to explain the evil clone coming through a portal, and then hugging me and calling me 'big bro'?!"

"Figure it out," was Ex's reply with a shrug. "Tell 'em you've taken care of me and close down any arguments. Duh."

"The QUESTIONS THOUGH!" X groaned and buried his face in his hands. "I hate you, Ex."

Ex only smiled innocently. "I wanted to see you!"

"Stay here," Xisuma grumbled, walking out and back to the hermits. Hels didn't hear what he had to say, but a moment later, he was back, his posture slumped a bit.

"Let's go caving!" Ex said excitedly. "No, achievement hunting! It looks really fun in the videos! Or we could pretend spar!"

"Caving is fine," X said, letting the smallest of a smile creep onto his face.

As they made their way through the giant caves of 1.18, they heard the sound of mining from ahead.

"I'll check it out," X whispered to them, heading over.

Hels stretched, his armor clinking. Wels elbowed him. "Shh," the knight mumbled. "Don't wanna get caught by Doc. He'd tear you guys to pieces."

After a little while, X came back, bringing the red sweatered hermit from before with him.

"This is Grian," X said. "He joined in Season 6." Grian waved at them. He had fluffy white wings and goggles on his head and a bandaid on his nose.

"Wassup," Ex said, leaning on X in a dramatic cool pose. X sidestepped away from him and Ex plummeted to the ground with a yelp. "Not nice," he mumbled into the deepslate.

"That's Ex," Wels said with a smirk. "E-X. As in an ex girlfriend. Or ex boyfriend. Just like, relationship issues in gene-"

"That's enough," Ex grumbled, climbing to his feet.

"I'm Hels," Hels said. "Wels' younger twin."

Grian smiled. "I'm Grian, which I guess you already know. I'm an avian, those are real wings. Don't tug, pull, or touch without my permission." He said the last part seriously, but in a friendly manner.

"Will do," Hels replied. "Or maybe it'd be better to say 'won't do'." Grian laughed a bit.

"Check it out! Diamonds!" came Ex's voice. Hels turned to see him waving, ten blocks in the air via stone pillar. He mined them mockingly as Hels ran over and began to pillar as well, then waving the diamonds in Hels' face. The knight replied by shoving him off the pillar.

"Ouch!" Ex cried from the damage. He clambered to his feet and cowered behind Xisuma. "X! He's gonna kill me! Here, let me read my will!"

Hels smirked and ran after him. Ex let out an amusingly high pitched shriek and darted away. Grian stood there, a little overwhelmed.

"Is this... normal?" he asked a little timidly as Hels and Ex chased each other around the cave, their shouts echoing across the wide expanse of stone and deepslate.

Xisuma sighed. "Very."

always fun to write fluff... too bad its not gonna last long with The First Step :') you can expect the next chapter of TFS tmr if you didn't see my 'not a real chapter lol' update :D

thank you for reading! have a good day or night, wherever you are!