From One Admin to the Other

wc: 482

tw: suicidal thoughts 

xisuma angst, but mostly fluff :3

Not proofread lol

Xisuma wandered through the main server hub, no particular destination in mind. He approached the edge of the huge floating island, peering into the void, dark and glittering. 

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. The wind whipped his hair around his face; his helmet was off. He let the breeze tilt him this way and that. Xisuma really didn't want to go back and face his challenges, but he knew that the more time he wasted on this break, the more responsibilities he'd have.

There was a strong gust of wind. Would falling off the edge be so bad? he wondered. His boots tilted precariously against the edge-

And a strong arm grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled him back.

"What the f*** were you thinking?!" a voice shouted. "What the actual f-" 

Xisuma stared at this person. Green hoodie, blonde hair, eyes greener than Scar's, which was saying something.

The person clamped a hand over their mouth. "Sorry- Xisuma?"

"D-" Xisuma swallowed. "Dream?"

He threw his arms around Dream, and felt Dream do the same to him. "It's been so long!" Dream said over Xisuma's shoulder. They released each other and took a step back.

"Dream SMP has been awfully popular," Xisuma said with a smile. "Not sure how much you like the plot, though."

"I don't mind being the villain," Dream said, flashing a grin. "It's pretty fun. Plus," he nudged Xisuma's shoulder, "Hermitcraft is also pretty popular from what I've seen and heard."

At the mention of the server, Xisuma felt a twist in his stomach. As if right on cue, his communicator pinged.

"You should check that," Dream said. Xisuma opened his mouth, closed it, and shrugged.

"I don't really..." he trailed off when he realized he didn't have an excuse.

Dream's face softened in understanding and he held his hand out. "Here, let me see it." Xisuma gratefully slipped the communicator off his wrist and gave it to Dream, who checked the messages. The more he scrolled, the more worried his face became."

"Is it that bad?" Xisuma asked hesitantly.

"They're really worried," Dream replied. He typed something in and sent it. When Xisuma looked at him in horror, Dream reassured him, saying, "All I did was tell them that you're fine, just kind of stressed." Xisuma gave a sigh of relief.

"I really want to enjoy this break, but the more I hold off, the more work I have to do," Xisuma groaned. 

"You have to go to them," Dream said quietly. "There are other admins who can help. I can help."

With a nod, Xisuma took the communicator back. "Thanks, Dream. It's been a while since I saw you at admin school."

Dream smiled. It was a very nice smile that many never saw because of the mask.

"Stay safe, X. Call me if you ever need help. From one admin to the other." 

It was such a small gesture, yet it filled him with so much hope.

Hope you enjoyed, this is my first time doing a oneshot!

If you have any oneshot requests, please  comment on the requests chapter. Thanks!!

Have a good day or night, wherever you are!

-Ete