Dysphoria

wc: 460

its really short but I'm happy with it :3 I might do a part 2 later if I get the motivation lol

this was a request from Ghostbott to write a cub x ftm scar story where scar has a bad dysphoria day and cub helps him get better :) (hope you're ok with ping)

ATTENTION

this does contain LGBTQ+ content. If you for some reason have any issues regarding this topic, then a very simple solution would be to click out of this book. I respect your opinion, but please don't be disrespectful to those who are a part of this community. Thank you.

On with the story!

Cub hummed a tune to himself as he flew to Scar's base. After creating an Egyptian themed base in the desert, he hadn't had as much time to check on Scar.

He stopped at Larry and knocked on the door. "Scar, can I come in?" he asked.

"Just a minute!" came Scar's voice, sounding strained. Cub frowned. 

"Everything okay?" Cub asked, crossing his arms and tapping his foot. 

"Yeah! Just have to... uh... sort something out!" Scar sounded incredibly uncertain and Cub was not buying any of it.

"Tell me what's wrong, Scar." Scar didn't reply. 

"Is it the binder?" Cub asked softly through the crack of the door so no one would hear. After a moment there was a mumble of assent. "Don't you have another one you could try?"

"Have to walk past mirror to get there," Scar said even softer.

Cub felt his heart soften. "Get ready, I'm coming in." There was a sound of shuffling before Scar said, "You can come in now."

He opened the door to see Scar's back to the door, sitting on the bed. Cub quickly went over and after a little bit, got everything in place. Scar quickly put on his old cowboy themed outfit instead of the wizard one, before turning to face Cub. Or more like stare at Cub's shoes.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled. "I hate being like this."

Cub quickly enveloped him in a hug and gave him a peck on the cheek. "I love you like this."

"I'm sick of it," Scar said softly, leaning into Cub's embrace. "It feels like everybody's staring at me all the time. Like even the world doesn't like me like this."

Cub gently turned Scar's face towards him, and they looked into each other's eyes for a while. "I don't care what they think of you. If they should hate people like you, then it's their choice. Let them miss you and your amazing personality and funny jokes and everything I love about you. It's their loss." He wrapped Scar in a hug again. "But never let them let it affect you, because I think you're perfect."

Scar laughed gently. "Thanks, Cub. But I can't just have you as my only friend."

"Offense taken!" Cub said in mock anger. Scar chuckled. "But seriously, who in this general vicinity has openly shown anger to you for being who you are?"

Scar hesitated. 

"C'mon, Scar. It's alright. I know this universe makes people feel horrible, but it's the people here that matter." Cub gave Scar another kiss and stood up. "C'mon. Let's go strip mining. I always do that when I need to calm down."

Scar took a deep breath and nodded, standing up and taking a fortune pickaxe and silk touch pickaxe from his workbench and dumping a lot of his inventory into a barrel.

"Let's go."

hope you're fine with the length lol, I don't usually post on weekends but I'm free this weekend cause no synchro swim training, so I decided to do this :D nice to be ahead of schedule for the first time in my life fhsghlkjdflkshd

thank you for reading! have a good day or night wherever you are!

-Ete