Why?

"Maya? Long time no see" I heard from behind.

I immediately froze at the sound of her voice. It's been almost 2 years since the last time I heard it and I thought that it was going to be the last. I slowly turn around starting to get a little nervous and my palms started to sweat.

"Azzi, it's been awhile" I reply. I start hoping that Paige will walk at those doors any second now, but I know she's going to be at least another 10 minutes.

"I didn't know you decided to go to UCONN" she says and I can hear a hint of hurt in her voice.

"Yeah well it's not like you would've cared anyways" I shoot back.

"That's not true and you know it" she says. This conversation is starting to heat up quickly.

"No, I don't know because you left and then stopped talking to me! I tried calling and texting but you never answered so I just stopped trying!" I yelled.

"I didn't want to leave! It wasn't my decision!" She yelled back.

"You could have told me! You could've told your girlfriend that you were moving to a different state, but I guess the thought slipped your mind" I say on the verge of tears.

"Baby I-" I cut her off before she gets the chance to finish.

"No, you don't get to call me that anymore. You lost the privilege when you left two years ago." I say angrily.

"Why? Why did you leave me?" I quietly ask.

"Maya, believe me when I say that I didn't want to, but it wasn't  my choice. My dad got offered a job somewhere else and we had to move." She says softly. I notice she started walking a little closer, but I just stay standing where I was not moving.

"I loved you" I confess.

"You loved me?" She asks with a look of shock on her face.

"Loved, not anymore" I say before walking in to the building.

I head towards the court where I see Paige still working on shooting threes. I take a seat in the stands watching her with a smile on my face. She notices this and smiles back before starting to walk over. Before she makes it over to me, Azzi walks in catching Paige's attention.

"Azzi! What's good my dude" Paige shouts.

She walks over and says something to Azzi before they both walk over to me.

Paige's POV:

I wanted to introduce Azzi to Maya since Azzi is one of my best friends. We start walking over and I notice Maya's smile start to fall.

"Maya I want to introduce you to someone real quick" I tell her.

"Don't bother, I already know her" she says coldly.

I stare confused at the two and the tension starts to rise making me slightly uncomfortable.

"And I don't care to see her ever again" she says before walking out of the building.

"What was that about?" I ask overwhelmed with confusion.

"I'll tell you later, it's a long story and Maya needs to be there when it's told" she responds sadly.

What the fuck happened between them for Maya to get that upset?