No Rest For These Young Bones

After a long flight from the City of Angels to the City of Rock and Roll of Cleveland, Ohio, The Detroit Pistons were set to conclude their road trip with a game against their division rival Cleveland Cavaliers. They looked to get back on their winning side as they suffered a close loss to the Los Angeles Lakers. One of the Pistons players, Dante Butler was currently looking to recover from the jet lag he was currently eating. He entered his hotel room as he collapsed on the bed but as he found the moment he chose this path for himself, you wouldn't get much time for yourself. His phone began ringing and as he flipped up to see who it was he answered rather quickly.

Jessica Holtz: Finally the kid breathes.

On the line had been Dante's agent Jessica Holtz, the woman who more or less was responsible in landing both Devin Booker and Karl-Anthony Towns of the Phoenix Suns and Minnesota Timberwolves max-contracts.

Dante: Hardy-har Jessica; I'll have you jetlag and getting my ass whooped by LeBron are the two things keeping me from clapping back right now.

Jessica: Oh nooo, I'm soooo scared Mr. Inferno. I'm shaking in my boots!

Dante: Come on, Jess. Unless this ain't a check-in or some earth-shattering news I'd really to get some sleep before practice tomorrow.

Jessica: Right that's exactly why I wanted to call you. I've got great news, good news and bad news. Which would you like first?

Dante: Gimme the bad news-

Jessica: So despite you averaging a double-double, unfortunately you didn't make the final cut for the All-Star Game in Chicago... but you were invited to participate in the Rising Stars Challenge, Slam Dunk Contest and Skills Challenge.

Dante: Disappointed about the missing the All-Star Game but what's the good and great news?

Jessica: I've looked around for teams interested in your skill set and the good news is that at least eight teams are throwing their hat in the 'ring' so to speak.

Dante: And these teams are?

Jessica: Well in no particular order, the Magic, Thunder, Kings, Nuggets, Pelicans, Grizzlies-

Dante: Hard pass on Orlando and Denver; One is just like Detroit and there's no telling how many touches or playing time I'd get in Denver with Jokic and Murray bringing the ball up the court, let's keep Sacramento, New Orleans and OKC on the table. What about the other three other squads?

Jessica: You'll be happy with these choices; as you know I wasn't able to convince San Antonio but Dallas is hellbent on wanting to snatch you up before the deadline and eight team is... oh my.

Dante: What is it?

Jessica: The eighth team is... the Clippers.

Jessica, waiting to gauge her young client's reaction was simply breathing in and out. What we hadn't known is that during his pre draft workouts back in 2018 he was projected to be drafted by the Los Angeles Clippers, even getting so much as a sealed promise from their owner Steve Ballmer. Only to be passed over for Miles Bridges out of Michigan State University

Dante: Fuck no. Take the Clippers off, now.

Jessica: Dante, don't be like that. I know you're still upset about the what: Clippers did-

Dante: How they passed on me after legitmately giving me a grand ass tour but then took Bridges and then wound up trading him to Charlotte? No hell to the absolute no. It's not even Ballmer but that whole front office can choke on it. Plus they already have PG and Kawhi, they will not have me coming off the bench. Not when I have started to just prove myself Jess.