Tell The World I'm Coming Home

A calm, cool and collected yet very excited mountain of a man looked out the window of a private jet as the all but too familiar skyline of Dallas came into view. This man? Former Detroit Piston and Austin, Texas yet Dallas raised Dante Butler. Honestly he didn't know what to make of it, I mean not even forty-eight hours did he hit the game-winner in what turned out to be his last game as a Piston before being surprised with the news he was being shipped back to his home state of Texas after a trade had been completed just after the game had concluded. Though the trade details coming from Detroit were still murky and kept away from him, he didn't care for the logistics. The CHANCE and dream to play for the team he grew up and witnessed win an NBA Championship back when he was only eleven? That's all he ever wanted whether it came early in his career or late in it. But here he was on approach towards the hangar, Jessica was on the phone with a mysterious voice on the other side.

Jessica: Yeah, we're on the way now.. Mhm. Yes. Ahh, so he will be there to greet us. Good, so when he can be cleared for practice and all the other little things? Two weeks? Seriously- I get the protocol like his physical and the interviews, but two weeks? Sure, I'll definitely-

To be honest to the young gun, he had tuned out his agent as he had time to internally process what had happened over the last two days.

(Pistons Locker Room. One day following the trade)

He stared at the new vacant locker that would welcome Detroit Piston in his stead, Dante now holding his old team placard along with the team jerseys he had worn over the last two years. To him, he was excited to get a new start but since he had gotten that call the day after the 2018 Draft. This was his only home professionally speaking. He felt a strong clasp on his shoulder as it had been Luke Kennard one of the quickest friends he made when he first got to the league.

Luke: It's really the end of an era, huh?

Dante: An era that truly never got started. What truly could've been Kennard.

Luke: Yeah it's not going to be the same without you dude, but you're going home right?

Dante: Yup they didn't tell me what I'm going for but all Troy said is that I'm heading home to Dallas. I still kinda wished I had a hand in Detroit returning to former glory. Riding in those Camaros with Larry would've been something.

Luke: Don't worry we'll be just as horrible without you my guy. Take care brother.

Dante: Right back at you, Luke. Don't be too trash, I know you guys better than that.

They did their signature handshake as he grabbed his bags.

?: Dante.... DANTE!

Dante: Huh, blergh? What's poppin.

Jessica: You know you need to get your sleep pattern checked out, I was trying to tell you we're about fifteen minutes from landing. You've got a series of things you have to handle before you can even think about putting on that Maverick Navy blue. First off, since your contract with Detroit included a two year team option and you're in the final year where they can choose to accept or decline, it's looking like they're going to bring you back after this season.

Dante: Naturally.

Jessica: Cocky. Anyway, you're going to meet with the owner and general manager-

He held his head up as she mentioned the long running governor of the Mavericks wanted to see him personally. Mark Cuban always had a larger than life personality with the burning desire to bring Dallas to the apex of the NBA summit every single year but the Mavs had been on semi-difficult ties even with superstar Luka Dončić and former New York Knick all-star, Kristaps Porzingis.