Nothing Like Family; Dante's Dallas Debut or Triple D

"HE GOT WHAT?!" This very emotional voice was Hailee Steinfeld who got the news of NBA forward Dante Butler had been traded from the Pistons to his home state Dallas Mavericks. On the other side of the line was her brother Griffin who was at his apartment and had been watching ESPN.

Griffin: Yeah and apparently they're making it as if the Mavs made out with a ransom. They gave away two second round picks and cash considerations just to get him. Crazy day really if you ask me.

Hailee: Thanks Griffin, I'll talk to you later.

She hung the cellular device up as she processed the new information she came across. One of the fastest and popular growing stars in the league she had met not even a week ago has already moved teams let alone his hometown squad. She pulled up anything related to Dante on YouTube and got see to his press conference which in reality had just wrapped an hour or two ago. She quickly examined his face and saw a glint of happiness? Renewed energy. When she had witnessed play him live against the Lakers, he gave everything he had to for that team so did they stab him in the back after putting it out on the floor or did they come to some common ground agreement to get him off a rebuilding team. These were the questions that she wanted to know but alas couldn't have the answer. Right now the actress slash singer-songwriter had more pressing matters to attend. Like... walking her dog, Brando who had just woken up because of his mom's antics.

Hailee: Oh, sorry Brando. Mommy didn't make to wake you. How about a walk? I think we can both use it. I need to stop thinking about this guy's every moment.

She proceeded to grab her puppy's retractable leash with a few waste bags in the event... y'know in the event someone made a mess that wasn't on her property. Whatever happened with Dante, she just hoped he was happy with the choice he made.

(Back to Dallas, TX.)

The same limo that had driven our star athlete in question to the American Airlines Center was now driving to the area he had grown up a majority of his teenage and formative years that being Allen, Texas, a northern surburban community of Dallas itself. He passed by his alma mater, Allen High School and of course it's larger than life football stadium. As he looked at families playing in their yards through the tinted windows.

Dante: Man, not much has changed about this place since I left for college. I think I've only seen maybe five or six new houses since we turned into the neighborhood.

The limo driver, Travis smiled as Dante took in his longtime neigborhood.

Travis: Trust me, a lot has changed young man. Not only has Allen continued to grow since you've been gone. Ever since you committed to Oklahoma State, apparently kids around the whole area have been scheduling school visit to Stillwater.

Dante: Seriously? I mean I'm glad more kids wanna be a Cowboy or Cowgirl but I don't want to be the sole reason for that.

Soon the vehicle stopped in the front of the manor-esque house with two cars in the parking portion of the garage on the outside.

Travis: Well sir, here you go. You sure your mother and siblings weren't expecting you?

Dante: Given my sister is literally one of my biggest supporters, I wouldn't be surprised if she ran her mouth to our mother.

Travis: I'll let you defer to but welcome back home I don't know if you're tired of hearing it but you know.

Dante: No, no you're fine Travis. Thanks for getting me here safely though.

He exited the limousine with the bags he had brought along as he examined his childhood home. The lawn has been neatly trimmed as if it had been cut within the last forty-eight hours and beautiful flowers decorated the porch along with decorations. He walked through the winding path that led to the front door as he pressed the Ring doorbell. After the chime went off throughout, it wasn't all that long until the twin doors that led into the house opened and Dante's mother Amanda saw the oldest of her children smiling directly at her.