Full Stop; Pandemic Couldn't Even Cool Me Down.

(March 7th, 2020. Three days before the suspension of the NBA season)

It was a rather calm day in the view of NBA player Dante 'Inferno' Buter. After the Mavericks dominated the Ja Morant-led Memphis Grizzlies thoroughly the previous night, it was right back on the road for the now two year veteran and former All-Rookie team member as a showdown with Domantas Sabonis, Victor Oladipo and the Indiana Pacers loomed and for once in his otherwise chaotic life the young man actually found some semblance of normality and peace. It hadn't been even two months since his idol and a man he considered his mentor Kobe Bryant, had tragically along with his daughter Gianna along with several other people passed away in a freak helicopter accident back in late January. The news affected like expected many people from Laker and sports fans around the world. Dante was especially thrown off by the news and following the shocking news would often see his sunny and cheery dispostion at life replaced with a pessimistic outlook. If someone like Kobe and his daughter, not to mention all those people and their children could get taken away in such a brutal manner, imagine what could happen to athlete that was barely getting league-wide fame himself. It has happened before. It was during all this that the boy had been playing some of his best basketball despite the Mavericks struggling in the standings. It was a combination of inconsistent team play, players struggling to break out of shooting slumps and the age old excuse... refs. But another crippling stage? INJURIES and Dante himself was the latest to suffer a nagging nick-up, a severe right ankle sprain and to say he was feeling the after effects would be a major understatement. He was in the second week of recovery and rehabbing the injury, expecting to be back by late March if not early April. Looking for a source to cure his boredom, he spent some time with the family even taking Hakeem to Six Flags over Texas's annual opening day for his birthday but the thrill rides just didn't do the trick. It was then that a slowly growing friend of his, Hailee Steinfeld, invited him out to Los Angeles to not only finish his rehabilitation but help her with a few things she had hoped with. Needless to say, he accepted packed a couple of bags and caught the first flight out to the City of Angels. One taxi later and he was in front of her residence, thanks to her texting him. He walked up, backpack on his shoulders with a handbag slung across his chest and two luggages rolling on their wheels as he made his way to the door, tapping his hand with a rather quick pace. However it wasn't her that answered the door, but instead her father.

Peter: Yes, can I help you sir?

Dante, initially shocked by the man's sudden appearance not to say he was unbearable to look at. Dude was fit as a fiddle and clearly knew how to take care himself as evidence with his biceps and athletic clothing. He looked at NBA player with a polite smile but ever so wary.

Dante: Oh- uh! Yeah I was actually invited here by Hailee? I didn't know she already had company here.

Peter: I'm her father.

Dante: EEE- Oo- Oo- Ohhhhh- Wish she would've said her father was yolked up.

Peter: Ha- yeah personal trainer and being a former bodybuilder will do that to you. I'm Peter and as I stated before, proud father of the one you're seeking.

Dante: Dante Butler, pleasure to meet you.

The two men shook hands, the hooper giving a strong grip in response to the actress's father sturdy handshake.

Peter: Wow, now that's grip I can respect. I'm taking it you played a few sports and also did some weighlifting growing up.

Dante: Three sports. Football, basketball and I may have done a little track and field.

Peter: Well get out of the heat son, I know this weather can be un-relenting. Honey, Hailee has a guest!

Dante stepped into Hailee's house as he took a look at some of her possessions including some baby pictures from her childhood. He also looked to see more recent pictures that didn't even look at least five years of age, including her very first red carpet walk. Hailee, herself seeing what the commotion was downstairs