The Scary Hours and Spicy Lockdown

Postponement; noun; The act of postponing something. Like an event or occasion.

Postponing and sports really didn't mesh together well unless a certain tragedy or world stopping moment. Examples... September 11th, 2001 where upwards to 3,000 people lost their lives in four separate hijackings of airplanes in New York, D.C. and Pennsylvania respectively. How did sports respond? Mike Piazza drilled an 8th inning home run in the Mets first game since the horrific attacks.

The Boston Marathon Bombing of 2013; How did sports respond? How about the Boston Red Sox riding the emotional high of the tragedy all the way to a World Series victory.

Now the ongoing and raging virus known as coronavirus which had not only been hard at work but had been uprooting families left and right had been delaying everything in sight. The most recent display of this feat? The cancellation of most sporting events around the world and yes that included the postponement of the NBA season as well until the Commissioner and team owners could figure a solution, all players were given a mandatory vacation. Most air transportation had been grounded so there was no way for most people to leave where they were currently put. One of those people was an NBA player himself by the name Dante Butler. While in Los Angeles, healing from what had currently been an ankle sprain, the 21 year-old had found himself on lockdown amidst the growing pandemic. The current hooper after calling his mother and siblings to inform of his situation set up his impromptu base at his friend and former college roommate Caleb McCailster's apartment near the Hollywood Hills where he had not only unlimited access to continue training and healing his ankle but also get into some good ol Texas shiznit. It had been two days since the postponing of the season when the sun rose, cruelly any great sleep and sweet dreams Dante had been gaining. After resigning to defeat he clicked his teeth in defeat.

Dante: Alright mother nature I'm up. It's just fuck moi, huh?

He rolled over in the bed to see what time it was... 8:21 in the morning? Granted he'd be up by at least 7 A.M. sharp but that was when the sun had yet to rise up and oh now he remembered... the season went up in the air due to a certain fellow NBA player contracting the malignant virus known as the Coronavirus and it was a killer. Literally first thing he turned on the T.V. was that of the world news recapping the amount of deaths worldwide. He internally thought about his mother and siblings. Texas, along with Washington State and California had become hotspots within the country for COVID and well, his family was back home, like he was in the Golden State on lockdown. As Dante emerged from the bed to stretch his limbs he saw a card on the nighstand, addressed from who you may ask? Hailee, after she seen his little tirade with the season being postponed made a card for him. Naturally piqued by the card, he saw a little note written on the right side with a few hearts and a picture from last night celebrating their individual successes.

Dante,

Last night was amazing... thanks for inviting me out and while I can't possibly fathom with what you're going through. I know you'll make the most of your time. Come find me if you need to relieve your boredom. I promise no parents this time. - :) Hailee.

Dante: Good to know she's worried. I did scare her a little bit after my little tirade, gonna have to apologize for that one. But it's time to see what I can do since my job is well, you know.

After handling the necessary tasks he needed to handle to kick off the morning, mainly brushing his teeth, washing his face and putting some clothes on, he made his way downstairs to see a waiting Caleb just eating breakfast.

Caleb: So you finally woke up... let me guess, still feels weird not having a game today?

Dante: Try for the foreseeable future. Why did Rudy have to catch COVID now all of a sudden?