HEY NOW! YOU'RE AN ALL-STAR, GET YOUR GAME ON!

(January 20th 2021, Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Gameday vs Indiana; 7 A.M., Indianapolis, Indiana.)

Twisting and turning could be seen in the bed of a hotel bedroom near the downtown heart of Indianapolis, Indiana as few cars continued their commute but otherwise it was a beautiful morning  in one of the heartbeats of Midwestern America as light snow began to drizzle down from the clouds. as the sun began to somewhat break through the cover signaling the day was ready to be seized. One such person that wasn't ready however was the NBA player, Dante Butler who for the most part. See while the Mavs were... mid for the most part, Dante was major brightspot in what had been a uncharatestically sputtering Dallas Mavericks squad. The former Oklahoma State baller had been undergoing a career year that had put the league on notice. He had been averaging career-highs across the board, most significantly 23.7 and 9.8 points and assists per game respectively, which were vast improvements from a respectable 17.6 point, 7.5 rebound and 8.8 assist statline from the previous season. But not only that, he was right in thick of All-Star Voting. He would always manifest having a dominant NBA career, yet he didn't the fans would catch on so quickly to what was developing. But yet, even with rapidly growing fanbase not just back home and around the league but also on social media that would make yeast in our favorite foods jealous, it wasn't all apple pies and sunshines as there were detractors on those sports channels. Some would say he was only getting exposure, unearned exposure due to a certain romance with a celebrity actress and singer but hey what did they know? He just wanted to ball, fuck all the outside noise. Speaking of outside noise...

(BRRRRINNGGG!!!)

Dante: Ughhhh. I am really starting to fucking hate my iPhone right now. But then again I can't afford to be late for practice. But hey at least just a one hour time this time followed by body work. Lord knows my back and feet need it bad.

He pressed the 'STOP' button on his turquoise cellular device of Apple origin, as he stretched his body getting that elusive crack in the back as the sun at that very moment peep through his enclosed blinds shining on his growing collection of body art the newest being on his back that he gotten in the offseason break along with a chest tattoo that spread across his pectoral muscles. It took some time to get both done in all eight hours and he was lucky just to have some numbing cream on him or else it would've hurt like a bitch. After reading his daily Bible verse and affirmations on the day, he in sequenced used the bathroom so he could empty his faculties, wash his hands followed by his face and neck, making sure he was devoid of any acne, the perks of having the genetics of  a smokeshow for a mother as well as a pretty good looking father. After answering the call to early morning service, he hopped in the shower for what would probably be the first of many today given he had practice in a hour, there was obviously the game and then before having to hit the road next game in San Antonio against the state rival Spurs. Once all previously mentioned had concluded he turned on the TV, watching Impractical Jokers in the early slot courtesy of TruTV and ordered some breakfast. Waiting about 25 minutes seemed to go by in a blur, as he received a giant platter of calories in the form of Belgian Waffles, Sunnyside Up Eggs, three strips of bacon and a couple of buttermilk biscuits with strawberry jam on the side, with his drink of choice being apple juice and Sprite. As he began chowing down, his phone began going off and he wondered who the fuck could've called him this early. Surely not his agent? No she was in Los Angeles and if his time zones were correct they were two hours behind meaning it was at least 5:50 give or take. Same with Hailee, she'd had to have been sleeping as well given she too was on the West Coast. His siblings? Definitely probably maybe in school. Yes! Yes! Telemarketer! He was ready to cuss out the spam caller in words that'd make the Merc with A Mouth Deadpool blush.

Dante: LISTEN YOU STUPID-

Amanda: You've got about 3 seconds to take some of that bass out from your voice Dante or I'll reach through this phone and rip your vocal chords from your throat.