Champions... or Forever Cursed?

(June 11th 2023.... 1 Day/24 Hours Until Game 5)

Hailee: Is that all you need for tomorrow, Dante?

Dante: Mm? Oh yeah, I was thinking of going regular white and black Under Armours. We're dressing up for a funeral babygirl, just not your standard fare funeral. Finals are ending tomorrow, I just need to figure out the appropriate drip check for tomorrow's tunnel walk. Want your opinion since fashion is your thing, anime pop or West Coast Hip-Hop?

Hailee plops down on her boyfriend's bed which in some ways had become her own whenever she visited her second home. She closed her eyes as she kept her guy in suspense.

Hailee: You've done a lot of anime inspired outfits, and not saying I don't love it because I do but it's something about a Tupac inspired fit check and you did say he was your dad's favorite.

Dante: Alright babe, Makaveli BAY BAY for the win. Let's get some black jeans, signature Pac-bandana and some Air Force Ones and.... TA-DA! The drip is-

Hailee: Perserved?

Dante: Smartass. Scoot over, let's see what on the TV.

Hailee: Oh, Oh! What about that new South Park special you wouldn't stop talking about?

Dante: The Streaming Wars? Oh right, I didn't get to see it because Game 1 was on the first, find a bag popcorn. We can watch it together, take my mind off tomorrow before I actually play.

A few minutes pass by as he waits for Hailee and soon his fellow multi-millionaire girlfriend arrived with a giant bowl of buttered popcorn as he fired up the Paramount Plus app, navigating to the South Park hub(kid you not, I am legitimately watching the Post Covid trio special as I'm typing this.) They enjoyed the first twenty minutes of the nonsensical chaos as she snuggles closer into his chest.

Hailee: This is perfect. Hearing your heartbeat, watching whatever garbage we can stream without a care in the world.

Dante: And to think when we win tomorrow, I get at least four months of vacationing with your silly ass. God really does favor the bold and wicked.

Hailee: Hm hm? I didn't sense or hear or an if in that sentence. Someone's awfully cocky, and I kinda like it.

Dante: I think the squad and I have earned the right to be cocky. We are forty-eight minutes away from a second chip and it doesn't matter how much a fight Miami brings tomorrow, I just a have sneaking feeling we're going to crush it. Then there's the real possibility I could rep Team USA in the Olympics next year, hoping I don't jinx it.

Hailee: You and I? Paris? So romantic, DANTE!

Dante: Whoa, whoa, slow down there my little Cowgirl. I said I'm holding out hope, so many guys have expressed a desire to play for what they're calling the Re-Dream Team. Of course, I went on record on sayin' I'd love to play but there's only so much sway an undrafted player can have. So much motion I can have.

Hailee: Don't be so modest, you've worked your ass off harder than any other player in the league, you'll get yours. But right take some time off, you've all off of today and a bit of the day tomorrow before you inevitably go off for a championship.

Dante: Any ideas?

Hailee: We could always "jump" on the bed.

Dante: We just made it.