We're Really Doing This, Yeah? Parenthood, The Biggest Challenge.

(December 25th, 2023. 5 A.M. Phoenix, Arizona.)

After the team had flown to the state of Arizona for a showdown with their heated rival, the Phoenix Suns but for Dante Butler, first of his name..... he was riding an emotional high but in addition his mind was just frazzled. But with good reason yet even the good reasons could still be capable of striking fear into your heart. During one of his traditional Christmas parties he would throw before playing the potential Christmas Day/Night game, the reigning NBA Champion of the Dallas Mavericks had received the shocking news that he and Hailee Steinfeld, his girlfriend of the past four years and at the height of her career in the worlds of acting and singing, not to mention other ventures... was pregnant with the couple's first child. And truthfully for the first time in a long while, maybe since the day of his NBA Debut at the Barclays Center did, he truly feel fear and like he was going to vomit.

Dante: I'm going to be a dad.... a father... a papi. This is absolutely crazy. There's so much preparation I've gotta do... there's the possibility of being apart of Team USA for the Olympics in Paris, planning a gender reveal, prepping the house for a baby in addition to a new puppy. Gotta research good pre-schools and schools in the future, hell I gotta grab a couple of parenting books for Haiz and myself.

He cranks his head to the right to see the sleeping face of Hailee and had it not been for that fact, she more than likely would have been staring him right in the face and bombarding with the repeat questions of "Are you all right?" or "Couldn't sleep either, yeah?" and he couldn't help but smile at her beauty even as she slightly snored.

Dante: No, I can't do that. I can't feel guilty let alone scared considering I put the baby in her. What I connotate as fear, Hailee must be feeling that but only one-hundred thousand times over. She's gonna have to take damn near..... who knows HOW fucking long off of her own career to nurse and care for our future son or daughter? And then there's the handling of the press and Hollywood. I don't certainly want to flap my gums about my girlfriend who just happens to be one of the fastest rising starlets in media being pregnant. Not without her being ready or consent.

Hailee: Let me guess... you couldn't sleep?

Dante: Ah- as smart as she is stunning. How long have you been awake?

Hailee: Hm? Oh not long- it just helps to know when you're not the only one scared shitless about being a future parent. It's been weighing on my mind heavy since I announced it to everyone we know and love. Then there's the fact I definitely will have to take time off from both acting and singing. I'm looking at least nine months, maybe even a whole year off being away from acting but honestly? This is a good reason- no, a heaven-sent reason.

Dante: You're sure taking this in stride. I would've been expecting you to be more frayed or scared.

Hailee: Actress, remember? I'm very good at conveying my emotions.

Dante: So am I whenever I drop a 40-50 burger, Ms. Steinfeld.

Hailee rolls her eyes as she then under the comfortable hotel-provided sheets squeezes her beau's hand.