Duel in the Desert; Trying Times and The Renewal of a Rivalry

(December 7th, 2020; 16 Days before the start of the 20-21 NBA Season and 18 days before Christmas; Dante's new home.)

Olivia: Where's this going, Dante?

The aforemetioned Dante, NBA rising phenom Dante 'Inferno' Butler was in the process of opening up a few of his boxes that contained valuables of his when the middle child of the family, his younger sister Olivia entering the living room of his new residence. Seeing the labeling read 'KITCHEN SUPPLIES'. He pointed her over to the dining room area, signaling her to set it down near the island bar just as his youngest sibling, the baby of the family Hakeem and his mother, Amanda came with taped down boxes of his own.

Hakeem: Dante, how much stuff did you pack in this one? It's way too heavy my guy!

Dante got up from opening boxes to see what his football playing brother had in his hand labeled 'Sneakers, Sneakers and more Sneakers!'

Dante: Really, jit? You're letting a what, near 15 pound box overpower you? You lift almost 200 pounds easy, stop your whining!

Amanda: What about your jerseys from years past honey?

Dante: If you can take those to the bar area, that'd be helpful. I'm gonna try to get some mounting equipment and hopefully get them put up before Christmas. Hailee's supposed to be flying in sometime next week to see my new digs and I want to have everything in order before she and her family show up.

Amanda: I've been meaning to ask. How is everything going with her? Never imagined any of my kids would be in the spotlight for their relationships more than they would their careers.

Dante: We've only been together for three months, but mom? I think she might be the one... She's funny, observant, willing to learn the game from me, she's put me on game with the Hollywood code. Not to mention... she's a damn good singer and was working on a few new songs the last time I checked in with her.

Olivia: And when my brother is happy with his love life, I'm happy. Mainly because of the free benefits I'm getting off of you two.

Dante (Jokingly): Hmmm, maybe I should break up with her so you can't be a little mosquito.

Olivia: You wouldn't dare.

Dante: I'm kidding... Or am I?

Amanda simply shook her head and chuckled softly as her two oldest children went at it over his relationship.

He laughed, as he pulled his high school, college and first Summer League and Pistons jerseys out of their box. After seeing where in the man-cave the previous residents he could put them all.

Dante: Meh, I'll think about it later. Hakeem said he was coming through the last boxes so hopefully after this, we can go out for lunch and I can pay you guys back by the time winter break is over with.

Hakeem: I take it back... I'd rather be deadlifting almost five hundred pounds in the butt naked of summer than do this. Only saving grace is that your moving is going to be way better when Olivia has to move in a year. She's got more clothes than ANY of us.

Olivia: Just because I have style unlike you, you uncultured troglodyte doesn't mean my closet has to suffer.

Hakeem: You say style, I say bile.

Olivia: You know what say that to my face-

Amanda: Alright!

Dante: Sway, you two act like a couple of female dogs, and not the ones with any killer instinct. I thought we could bond as family while you helped me settle back in... but if you two insist on feuding like Tom and Jerry then we can cut all of this off.