Everyone's Favorite Uncle; A League Shaking Move.

(Game 52; Detroit vs Dallas. Dallas, Texas... T-Minus 6 Days Until the 2022-2023 NBA Trade Deadline)

It was morning... well early morning in one of the Lone Star State's chief cities. It's about 6:15 A.M. around the surrounding areas of Dallas and Fort Worth and on the second to final day of January, Dante Butler was in particularly good spirits. For one reason, he was in position to not only play in his third consecutive third NBA All-Star game but based on his recent string of performances for his squad the Dallas Mavericks as well the number of votes he had been racking in the last number of weeks since he had returned? He was also in line to be a starter for the very first time in the NBA's exhibition game of its best talent in the world. Reason number two? Despite his near season-ending injury scare against the Knicks, the Mavericks continued to churn out win after win, only suffering a measly four hiccups in the stars' birth month and taking over the Denver Nuggets for the number one seed. The final reason? His loving girlfriend Hailee Steinfeld... yes the Hailee Steinfeld you're all thinking of, visited him after he had finally been cleared for on court action and two had celebrated... well put your minds to it. Yes the two had sex, for the first time in a long while, longer than both would've liked, blame her demanding schedule as an actress and singer combined with his rehab and recovery process. His alarm screams to life as he quickly punches the snooze button as to not wake her. But... mission failed.

Hailee: Hmmmm.... what time is it?

Dante: It's.... 6:30 A.M.

Hailee groans then giggles slightly as she feels light kisses pepper her shoulder.

Hailee: This is nice and serene. It really is... well aside from having to adjust to different time zones. No horns and alarms, no helicopters zooming over your neighborhood, no coyotes.

Dante: Yeah... cause waking up at 4:30 in the morning is a WAY bettttterrr option. But I agree with every last bit of that sentence you just stated. How'd you sleep?

She cranks her neck to face him slightly as she then adjusts her body as she can straddle him, landing a steamy and sweet kiss on his lips.

Hailee: Last night was divine when we did... IT. Slept like an absolute baby.

Dante: Hey! That last part is my line, especially since you did that one thing with your-

Hailee: NOPE!

She covers her boyfriend's mouth before he could finish his overly-explicit detailed statement that she had did to him during last night that made him call all the cows home.

Hailee: Don't you dare say that... you never know who could be listening. Plus I'm still very... how do I say? New to this type of thing, the sexual thing.

Dante: I mean... I am too. Tell you what, I won't omit any details if you go... on a breakfast date with me.

Hailee laughs as she stares into his eyes while grabbing his cheeks.

Hailee: That's your request? Dante, I'm your girlfriend, that's basic Couples 101, I thought they taught you cowboys this type of thing.

Dante: Sorry... I must've missed that class. So are we feeling waffles, pancakes, French Toast or do you want to stay in and let me cook?

Hailee: Mmmmm....

It was now her turn to pepper kisses across Dante's tattooed chest and collarbone, satisfied as she felt a light shudder from the Maverick.

Hailee: How... about.. all.. of.. the... above?

Dante: Go to my kitchen and grab all the ingredients I need. I... need a cold shower before we go for round three. And I inevitably win.