Is This What Love Feels Like?

(Dante's dream realm)

Mike Breen: IT'S OVER, IT'S OVER! The Dallas Mavericks are your 2021 NBA CHAMPIONS! THEY OUST THE MIAMI HEAT IN A CLASSIC 7 GAME SERIES TO CLAIM THEIR SECOND NBA CHAMPIONSHIP IN FRANCHISE HISTORY!

Confetti began flying from the top of American Airlines Center as Queen's iconic song began playing with the arena effects seemingly making it feel like a concert. Dante was tearing up and breathing heavily as he finally lived up to the expectation of being Luka's costar and it showed through his rapid improvement over the last two seasons. He took his championship snapback from one of the handlers as his mother and siblings met him halfway.

Amanda: My baby is a champion! I'm so proud of you sweetheart!

Hakeem: You're glowing big bro. I've never seen you like this Dante.

Olivia: Dad would be so proud of you! It's giving.... Best in the World.

Dante did his best Elvis impression as he flipped his snapback onto his mom's head.

Dante: Thank you- A Thank you everybody. Has anyone seen Hailee?

A light tapping sensation he felt on his shoulder, turning around to find Hailee with her arms extended for hug. He would've welcomed it.... had his alarm on the phone not ruined the dream.

Dante: HUH?! What! Oh.... one of these days they need to make a silent alarm. I hate waking up early in the morning unless it's gameday.

Hailee: Hey you're awake. Good! Rise and Shine sleepyhead.

She walked over to the near seven footer, giving him a sweet kiss on the lips. Right it all started flooding back to him with that affectionate display. After the Mavericks got uncereminously bounced from the NBA Bubble Playoffs by way of the Los Angeles Clippers in Game 6, a game he didn't do terribly in chipping in 21 points, securing 12 rebounds and dishing out six dimes in the 111-97 loss, but he could never really play consistent minutes due in large part to a still bum ankle. When the storm had finally settled on the Mark Cuban owned team, Dante got a text and in turn a chance to finally act on his emotions when the woman kissing him, actress and on occasion singer Hailee Steinfeld asked him to come by, just to console him but little did they know more than consoling would pursue.

Dante: Hey you... so did we do anything last night? It was all a blur I don't even remember anything aside from coming here after we lost here. Hell I don't know if any my buckaroos are still here, pretty sure the family had to go back lest Liv and Keem miss their first days back to meet up with old friends.

Hailee: One answer at a sweetheart. Okay, so no we didn't do anything rated R or TV-MA. You were so exhausted from your game I don't think you were in any position to do anything. You made out with me the understanding that our relationship dynamic while rather still new in my eyes has dramatically changed. Number two, every team that has been eliminated is leaving or has already left. Considering you guys just done, I would not be surprised if anyone was still lingering around looking for Mickey, Minnie or beloved Disney characters to comfort them.

Dante: Heh.

Hailee: What's so funny?

He got out of the bed, throwing the blanket off of himself as he took her hands, putting them in his.

Dante: If you were to tell me right here, right now that I was going out with a bonafide baddie and A-List celebrity... I would've thought it was all a dream. We... we are the real deal, aren't we?

Hailee snorted as she tried covering her nose and mouth.

Hailee: Fuck if you aren't a charmer, Dante. I have to admit. It's been awhile since I found myself in this type of relationship. The hand holding, kissing, So if I seem slow in this whole thing, just be patient with me, kay?