8: Smoking and Drinking

Todoroki had said yes. It was gonna be amazing for the both of them. Todoroki was finally gonna have temporary home, away from his father. And Bakugo was finally able to spend a bit more time with him. It was Christmas. It was crazy to think that already. But yet here he was. In his dorm alone. With nobody around. It was quiet depressing in fact but that didn't bother him as much. Maybe it was the fact that everyone had some place to go where they felt at home. Todoroki has never felt that.

It was a few hours before the afternoon. He felt tired but he wasn't. He just needed that as an excuse to sleep through the holiday. Christmas was the holiday where you spend time with family and friends. But all his friends went to their families and his family.. how long can you sleep for a whole day without getting disrupted?

Todoroki sighed before getting off his chair and walking out of his dorm. Every step he took echo through the halls and bounced back at him. The silent deafening. He finally made it to the elevator and pushed the button. It was quite. No one was there. And the fact made his skin crawl. He's never had this much silence before. He's either grateful for it or uneasy. He made his way to the kitchen and looked through the cabins and drawers. He didn't really know what he was looking for. He was just looking.

Then suddenly something caught his eye. It was pack of cigarettes. Why was something like this in here? It certainly caught him off guard. And the fact that it was just thrown in here. What if the teacher found this before he did? They would have all been in trouble. But the real question was, who's were they? Who just threw them in here? Todoroki turned around to see if anyone was around and unsurprisingly no one was there. He sighed knowing this was a bad decision but he took it. He slid them inside his pocket and went to grab a water a pretend like that was what he was getting. Even though no one was around. He sighed before going back to his dorm.

He sat in the corner of his room. Deciding if he should do it. After moments of debating with himself, he stood up and walked outside onto his balcony. It was snowing chilly. He thought he might do it back inside but the smell might leak. Well let's see if it will even last in the cold. Todoroki said to himself. He opened the pack and seen 14 inside. Obviously whoever had these opened it before and smoked a few. He grabbed one gingerly and brought it to his lips. He picked his left pointer finger up and used his quirk to light it up. He inhaled and was immediately hit with a wave of relief. This felt nice. This brings back middle school flashbacks. He hasn't smoked since so long. Now he remembers the way he felt back then. Soon his eyes began to dilated and slightly become red, not noticeable, thankfully.

Snow was falling down and making his left side of hair have some white. But that was ruined when the snow killed the the small fire it once had. He groaned it frustration. He put his head down on the edge. He stayed there for a few before going back inside. He sat on his bed, staying there and thinking about what he's done. He looked at the pack which laid on his bed opened. He pulled his knees up to his chin and let out a shaky breath. Hesitantly, he picked up one and lit it back up and inhaled into it. Another wave hit him. He remembered how much he enjoyed it. It felt as if he was high. The thought of it made him laugh. He did that for another hour or maybe even longer. 7 unused cigarettes laid in the box. He coughed and sat up. Dizziness hit him like a truck and he fell down to his knees. It's been away since he last done this so he felt kinda a rookie.

He gathered all his strength and picked himself back up. He opened the door and hoped that the smell would stay in his room until he could fix it. He noticed how it was already late outside. It was a bit shocking to him, he thought it was just a few minutes passed but shook it off. He went downstairs and looked for something to cover the stink in his room. He stumbled to look for something, anything. He found this scented candle and smelled it. Peppermint. He sighed but it would have to do.

Then as he passed the couch the door opened. It was Bakugo. He was stumbling around and his face was red. He looked terrible but he held a weird smirk. It wasn't like normal it was different. Todoroki sighed before rubbing his eyes and walking over to him. Bakugo was having trouble taking off his coat but his also had bags in his hands. Todoroki rolled his eyes softly before taking the bags and placing them on the counter.

"Ohh hey peppermint shit!" Bakugo slurred. Todoroki looked at him weirdly as he froze. He sounded really different when he said that. Todoroki bit the inside of his lips slightly and helped him take off his coat.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were spending the entire day with your family." Todoroki said, trying to distract him as he helped him out.

"I was dumbass." Bakugo mumbled. Todoroki rolled his eyes.

"Why are you acting weirder than normal?"

"I AM NOT WEird!" Bakugo lost his balance as he pointed at Todoroki. Luckily, Todoroki caught him before he hit the floor. Then that's when he smelled it. It was a very familiar smell.

"Were you drinking?" Todoroki asked. He smelled him one more time to make sure it wasn't his nose playing a trick on him. Bakugo laughed softly.

"Mhm. I have more in the bag." Bakugo giggled. Todoroki flinched and looked at the bags he placed on the counter.

"You could have been caught by a teacher Bakugo!" Todoroki attempted to scowl him but was no use since he barely was paying any attention.

"Relax pretty boy." Bakugo smiled at him. Todoroki pouted slightly and looked away. He put the blonde's arm around his shoulder and grabbed his waist to hoist him up. Todoroki sighed and went to get the bags before anyone saw. He was carrying the bags and Bakugo to.. actually he doesn't know who's dorm to go to. Todoroki's dorm reeked of cigarettes. And as if on cue Bakugo spoke.
"You smell like cigarettes princess." He whispered in his ear. Todoroki flinched slightly as he pulled away. What was with these nicknames? He held tight because he didn't want to drop him.

"I am not a princess." Todoroki grumbled. Bakugo laughed softly as he let his fall down. Then he picked it back up.

"Your right, your a bratty princess." Bakugo chuckled. Todoroki rolled his eyes and continued walking. They were in the elevator but Todoroki was hesitating to pick which floor. "Just pick your dorm. I ain't taking you to my dorm just yet. Especially when I'm like this." Bakugo mumbled. Todoroki nodded and picked his floor. They made it to Todoroki's dorm and Bakugo could immediately smell the air.

"Sorry it smells." Todoroki apologized as he set the bags down on the bed along with Bakugo. The pack of cigarettes were still laid open on his bed and he flinched when he realized he left them there. He quickly tried to put it in his pockets but Bakugo already bet him to it. He got one and held it to his mouth. He looked at Todoroki as a signal to light it up. Todoroki sighed and rolled his eyes. "You shouldn't be doing this." He lifted his pointer finger and used his quirk to light it up. Bakugo chuckled but inhaled it anyways.

"Says you." Bakugo smirked as he let a circle of smoke escape his lips. Todoroki rolled his eyes and sat down on the bed. It was quiet. Bakugo glanced at him from the corner of his eyes. "You could help yourself." He gestured to the bag. Todoroki looked at him then at the bag. It wouldn't hurt.. He sighed as he brought himself to look inside. It was just a couple bottles of beer and one vodka. He looked away and folded his arms and rubbed. Bakugo noticed and handed him the cigarette he was using. Todoroki took it and inhaled. He calmed down. "Never took you for a smoker."

"I started when I was in middle school and I stopped before my first year here." Todoroki explained. Bakugo hummed and grabbed a beer from the bag. "How did you even get these?" Todoroki asked. Bakugo opened it and chuckled.

"My old hag wanted to celebrate I guess and she got my something. It was quite funny." Bakugo mumbled. He smiled to himself. Todoroki sighed, smoke escaping his lips. "Here try some." Bakugo offered. Todoroki looked at it before taking it. He took a sip and felt slight tingling feeling down his throat. Bakugo laid down and smirked. Todoroki was leaned up against the wall as he sat Indian style. Bakugo sat back up and went inside his bag. He grabbed the vodka and smirked at Todoroki, waiting for a response.

"Fuck it."

_________________________________
Words 1613
Slightly longer than others but oh well. :)