Chapter 4

Tears of A Priority 💍

" Don't mean no disrespect but
Thoughts of you rule my world
I even dream of you, I swear
Visions of you and I
See you all around my way "

Teedra Moses - Be your girl

Chapter 4 :

Belly laid staring up at the ceiling of her & Ja's bedroom . It had been weeks since she first started using coke & She couldn't believe how oblivious Ja was . She had just finished sniffing 2 lines of coke & she couldn't even think straight . She had to lay down & recoup .

Touching the bottom of her nostril & lifting it up to her eyes she realized she was having a nosebleed .

" Shit "! She exclaimed jumping out of bed as blood dripped onto her shirt as she ran to get a towel .

Holding her head back she pressed the towel against her nose as she counted to 20 . She hoped the nosebleed was gone by the time Ja got back . He had just went to check the mail real fast .

" Why you got ya head tilted back like that "? Ja startled Belly .

" I'm having a nosebleed ", Belly admitted knowing she wasn't going to be able to hide it .

" Let me see ", Ja said as he helped her sit on the bed as he grabbed the towel from her , helping her as he squeezed the bridge of her nose softly to stop the bleeding momentarily .

" Damn , what happened ? Somebody bust you in ya shit "? Ja asked realizing her nose was leaking like a faucet.

" No , I um ... Hit my nose when I bumped into the wall ".

" how the fuck you bumped into a wall ? You need to pay more attention ". Ja said dabbing at her nose . Belly mentally shook her head & laughed at how dumb he was . Even though belly was pretty much still in love with Ja .. It was obvious she loved the high more & him being around brought her high down to a ultimate low because she felt guilty .

Belly looked at the table realizing she left the thin mirror out & a left over powdery substance still sat on it . Momentarily freaking out , Belly realized she needed to grab the mirror without him seeing it .

Lifting her hand slowly & discreetly , Belly gripped the thin Mirror & grabbed the rolled up dollar bill in her palm as she slipped it in her pocket .

Ja had just finished cleaning her nose & threw the towel in the garbage .

" Take those sheets off my bed . You all on them with ya street clothes on ". Ja huffed . If it was one thing he hated ... It was somebody laying on his bed with clothes they were out in the street in .

" Okay Ja . Are you leaving out "? Belly asked hoping he was .

" Naw , I'm in for the night ". He told her exiting their bedroom .

Rolling her eyes , belly stripped the sheets from the bed & threw them on the floor while she searched the linen closet for fresh sheets .

•••

Mercedes sat hunched over the toilet as she threw up everything she ate for dinner . She was so glad that her bathroom was connected to her bedroom because her vomiting would've definitely raised some red flags from her mama .

Being 3 months , Mercedes could no longer wear crop tops , fitted jeans , button ups or anything to form fitting for that matter .

Being as though it was winter , Mercedes could hide under sweatsuits , oversized T-shirts , Leggings & huge hoodies . It wouldn't be so easy if it was summer because let's be real ... Who wore long sleeved oversized Turtle necks in the summer ? No freaking body .