Chapter 23

Tears Of A Priority

( Pic Of Mercedes Dinner outfit ) 😋

Chapter 23 :

As Mercedes had figured , she was fired from the job at St.Josephs .. Her & cookie were actually both let go so she didn't feel too bad about it . It was only a week after Christmas & Mercedes had been talking to Calvin all week long .

He was keeping her mind off of Ja & it didn't hurt that he was attractive .

" So what's it gone be "? Calvin asked .

" I don't know Calvin , "

" What could it hurt ? You always saying you don't know .. It's either yea or nah , stop straddling the fence ".

" I guess one date couldn't hurt ... Okay fine , fine . What time should I be ready by "? Mercedes asked .

" 6:30 is good , where you want me to meet you "?

" Give me the address and I'll meet your there ", Mercedes told him . She wasn't fond of people knowing where she laid her head , especially after dealing with Trey's crazy ass .

" Iight , cool . Wear something white ". He said and with that he hung up .

Mercedes tossed her phone off to the side of her as she wrapped herself in her sheep skin comforter , it was so soft and plush .. It made her never want to leave bed .

It was only 12:30 , so Mercedes figured she had time to take a small nap & then begin getting herself together .

That is until the doorbell sounded loudly .

" oh my god "! She sighed dramatically . Who could this possibly be ?

Slipping her feet into her fuzzy UGG slippers , Mercedes ran to get the door .

" Who is it "?

" Jazir ",

" holy fuck , where are your parents when you need them "! Mercedes mumbled to herself as she slapped her hand against her forehead . She should've looked out the window first .

Opening the door just a smidge , she eyed him through the crack . It didn't help that he looked good as fuck just standing there looking back at her .

" What you doing here "? She asked .

" Last time I checked I'm a grown ass man & I can come anywhere I want to ... But I came to see you ".

" Why you here to see me ? There's nothing we need to talk about ". Mercedes concluded . She was trying everything in her power to get him from coming into the house because no matter how much she fronted .. she was weak when it came to him .

" Imma only be a minute , I ain't spoke to you in a week .. I just wanna make sure you Iight ". Ja persuaded her and smirked when she opened the door for him .

" you look good ", Ja complimented . She was dressed in a pink baby doll lingerie piece from Victoria's Secret .. It was a piece he knew would look sexy against her complexion .

" Thanks I guess ", Mercedes spoke folding her arms as they sat on the couch .

" You don't know how bad I regret fucking up Ma , I miss the fuck outta you . Damn you killing a nigga cuz I know you ain't really fucking with me like that ".

If only you knew .. I wish I was fucking with you like THAT , Mercedes thought to herself with a small laugh .

" I miss you , and I miss this ". Ja assured her while going to reach between her legs . He was still the same bold ass Jazir .