Chapter 6

Tears Of Priority 💍

Multimedia ( Pic Of Mercedes Parents )

I thought I would break
I didn't know my own strength
And I crashed down and I tumbled but I did not crumble
I got through all the pain
I didn't know my own strength
Survived my darkest hour, my faith kept me alive
I picked myself back up, hold my head up high
I was not built to break
I didn't know my own strength
Found hope in my heart
I found the light to life my way out of the dark
Found all that I need here inside of me
I thought I'd never find my way
I thought I'd never lift that weight
I thought I would break

Whitney Houston- didn't know my own strength 💙

Chapter 6 :

Mercedes eyes fluttered opened and the beeping of the machines that hung above her head sounded loudly .

Groaning & feeling her stomach , the softness of her belly bought tears to her eyes because she had already knew what happened .

Glancing around her room , Mercedes found no one to comfort her . No parents , No Trey , No Macy ... Just her & the doctor who walked in .

" Mercedes . I know you are of age & I didn't call your parents because of patient & doctor confidentiality but I cannot let you go home on your own so you are going to have to call someone ". The doctor spoke afterward explaining to her that she had indeed miscarried .

" Call my parents. They need to know ". Mercedes spoke crying .

" Will do . Do you want me to explain to them the situation "?

Mercedes nodded her head and curled into fetal position as she cried ... Cried for her baby , cried for her , cried for her future , cried for Trey not loving her like she deserved to be loved .

•••

A few days had gone by since Ja had spoke to Mercedes . She wasn't answering her phone , returning his text or nothing .

Deciding that he was done being ignored by her , Ja grabbed his car keys & decided he was gone pay her little ass a visit .

...

Knocking on Her parents home door , Ja waited patiently until Mercedes father opened the door .

He wore a weary expression on his face & His eyes were glossy like he had just finished crying .

" Wassup Mr.T , you good "? Ja asked pulling Mr.James into a hug which He allowed .

" Yeah . You here to see Mercedes ? She's in her room with her momma ". Tyson said allowing the young man into his home before closing the door behind him .

Sensing something was off when he heard Mercedes sobs , he turned to look at her pops .

He was shaking his head & heading to the basement .

Knocking on her bedroom door , Mrs.James asked " Who is it "?

" It's Jazir ",

" Come on in baby ", her soft voice spoke .

Ja was almost scared to open the door , but he pushed it open & entered the blue & yellow themed bedroom . He couldn't see Mercedes but knew she was hidden underneath her yellow polka dotted comforter .

" I'll leave you two alone , Call me if you need me mamas ". Her mother spoke stroking her hair & then exiting the room , closing the door softly behind her .