16 treasured

a/n: spoken, mindlink, lipread

------------->>>>>
It's true, we're all a little insane
But it's so clear
Now that I am unchained
Fear is only in our minds
Taking over all the time
Fear is only in our minds
But it's taking over all the time - S.S. by E.
--------------->>>>>

"hi, luna. remember me?"

Liam couldnt believe his eyes. the woman before him was none other than the head omega of his previous pack. the same woman whom he looked up to and taught him many things. he thought she turned her back on him. everytime this woman deliver his food, she never talked to him, nevermind those eyes which was always screwed on the floor as per the alphas training and those lips who always smiled at his direction whenever she praised him if he did a good job, after his isolation would always in a frown, if not, bitten down. now that she's standing in front of him, he doesnt know how to react. would he supposed to be happy that she liberated him? would he supposed to be angry that she didnt rescue him when she knew and heard whatevers happening inside that miniscule room? why would she wait countless years before contacting the royals?

seemingly stunned by the womans presence before him, kealoha approached his mate.

"love, shes the informant that were talking about. shes adelade. do you know her?" kealoha asked as he circled his arm behind his mate and the other hand rubbing liams swollen belly.

"yeah, i know her... um... hi, head omega, greetings." liam was about to stand up as protocoled before back in his pack. the sight of her made every bit of his training come back to him and it made his insides shudder and scream in fright. not that hes afraid of the woman but of the beatings that may follow if he was to disregard her rank.

"no, no! oh my goddess, luna. were not in alpha leos pack anymore and your status is way, way higher than mine. and please be at ease, youre pregnant." the woman abruptly reached for his arm and pushed his shoulder down to enable him to stand up. he was about to plunged back down at the daybed a bit hard if not for keas assistance of taking his weight. keas observation didnt pass this moment and eyed the woman in doubt.

"very well. mama ade, thank you." liam looked up to her as he heartfully thanked him for her risk. his personal nickname for her 7 or so years ago, rolled over his tongue like a thick consistency of honey. sweet due to the memories that they shared together and too thick to forget.

seeing that his mate are all smiles and the two omega were deep in conversation, kealoha left and proceded to his now office as the alpha. although the woman was friendly, too friendly at his mate, he couldnt get his doubt out of his system. before he could settle down to his chair, he mindlinked his beta to place an eye to the omegan woman, adelade. he doesnt like the way her hand handle his mate. too protective? maybe... his mate is pregnant, what would you expect? he wont take any risk with liam or his pup at stake.

----------->>>>>
time skip

liams 9th month

after the 8th month of liam, the doctor advised him to have a bedrest due to the size of their son and liams frail body. the doctor could not fathom why liams body slowly deteriorates after his 2nd trimester check up. he was all healthy and happy but after that, he was fainting one minute, vomiting the next and disoriented after. the doctor cannot see any defect with his womb and the pup but the mothers body just went downhill without particular reasons.

this made kealoha on edge. whatever the reason is, he wont let this go even with a valid reason, or any other reasons. his mate and pup are in danger. thats the bottom line of it. yes, he cannot hear zip but that didnt make his eyes blind and mind mute. he cannot do anything to that woman since she got liams trust and he doesnt want his mate to be stressed considering his condition. liams happy and animated when they talked but come night, liam was all pale and weak. what the hell is happening? the doctor himself cant tell whats wrong with his mate. thank the goddess that his son is okay and healthy but nonetheless keas all restless. everynight he prayed to wake up with his mate still all warm beside him and with his son squirming inside his belly. he doesnt know what he will do if liam will continue on like this until his scheduled operation.