ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 28

Gilderoy Lockhart paced in front of the second year Gryffindor and Slytherin class, most of the girls watch him with lovesick grins, much to the boy's disgust. They couldn't believe how stupid the majority of the girls were to believe every single thing that the man said.

"Let me introduce you to your new DADA teacher. Me. Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Forces Defense League and five - time winner of Witch Weekly's Most – Charming – Smile – Award. But I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at her."

The professor waited for the class to laugh with him, only to have a few students smile weakly.

"I see that you all bought my new set of books, well done. I thought that we'd star with a small quiz and see how much you know. Nothing to worry about, this is just to check how much you remember."

Lockhart passes the tests.

"Oh merlin, this unbelievable. Everything is about him." Theodore complained.

"What did you expect?" Draco murmured.

After twenty minutes Lockhart collected the tests.

"Tuc, hardly any of you remembered my favorite color is lilac. But Ms. Hermione Granger knew that my secret ambition is to rid the world of evil and to market my own hair supplies. Good girl."

Artemis pretended to gag, to the boys amusement.

The rest of the class well, went horribly wrong. Dean ended up being dragged by the Cornish pixies all around the air. Lockhart attempted to stop only to fail. It seemed that he couldn't even perform a simple spell. The problem had to be fixed by Granger.

It seemed that with one class Lockhart lost a bunch of fans, though some – like Granger – still thought highly of him. It was so bloody frustrating, like honestly, he isn't even handsome. 'Unlike Tom, wait what? No, stop it Artemis, you shouldn't be thinking of him that way. It doesn't matter how undeniably handsome he is.'

˜"*°•.˜"*°•  •°*"˜.•°*"˜

Later that week, the Slytherin Quidditch team were making their way to the pitch with a note from Severus giving them permission to train seeing as they needed to hold tryouts unlike Gryffindor who already had their team formed.

Distantly Oliver Wood could be heard: "I spent the whole summer devising a new program. We're going to train earlier, harder, and longer." He suddenly stopped. "I don't believe it." "Clear out Flint! I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today."

"Easy Wood I've got a note." Marcus smirked smugly as the Gryffindor captain snatched the slip from his hands.

"I Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to use the field seeing as they have to decide who will be their new seeker............. You have another seeker, who?"

"Malfoy!" Katie Bell exclaimed in disbelief, their team barely had one, and he wasn't even good.

"That's right, my uncles have been helping me practice all summer."

"It that a Nimbus Two Thousand One!?" Ronald Weasley shouted annoyed that he couldn't buy one.

"Yes. Yes, it is. Father bought it for me, telling me that if I wanted the position, I should have the best equipment for it."

"So, you basically bought your way in?" Katie mocked.

"Of course not, didn't you hear that he's trying out?" Daphne told them; she was getting angry.

"At least no one had to buy their way in, on this team unlike yours." Granger ignored Daphne.

"Nobody asked for your opinion annoying little girl." Pansy was seething, she desperately wanted to call her mudblood and everyone knew it, but they also knew that Artemis's mother was a muggle - born and they respected her greatly, so she refrained herself from doing so, they all did.

"Enough all of you." Regulus Black the astronomy professor made his way over. "Explain this instant what on earth in happening." After doing so, the man asked for the note. "The note is real." He confirmed.

"But it's not fair we booked the field." Olivier complained.

"If you want to use the pitch that bad you can share it, and if not, you can leave. The Gryffindor team is already formed unlike the Slytherin one who has yet to choose their seeker."

"We'll leave then." Angeline told them.

"Good. Now that the problems has been solved, I expect for this not to be repeated." Regulus escorted the Gryffindors away from the field ignoring the snickers that the Slytherins gave.