ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 49

Sadly, the summer didn't last too long and soon everyone was back on the train, except that this time, instead of focusing on Artemis, something more important happened.

"You think it's a promising idea to feed Potter compulsions?" Ginny asked.

"It's the only solution we have Ginny, or do you fancy being under the headmaster's wand again?" Hermione asked the redhead.

"Of course not, don't be an idiot."

"So, how are we going to feed the compulsions to her?" Ronald tried to stop the argument before it began.

"We'll get her hurt and when she's in the infirmary we'll send something to her, and the compulsion will be in it." Hermione explained the plan. The headmaster hadn't fully approved of it, but as nothing else came to mind they settled with that.

"Who will hurt her?" Ginny asked.

"Ronald, you will cause some type of an explosion in potions, make sure to sit very close to Potter."

"Fine." The redhead lad begrudgingly agreed.

----------------------

The months in Hogwarts passed rather quick, it was a blur, which was the best way Artemis could describe it, she felt as if everything were wrong in a way, as if everyone meant her harm, she was aware that they didn't, but her mind was playing games with her, games that she didn't think she could win, not without help.

Whenever her friends grabbed their wands, she would subconsciously flinch, scared that they were going to hurt her just because they could. Something was wrong, she could feel, every part of her could, but she couldn't fight it, it was almost as if she didn't want to.

Her friends and uncles had started to notice it, so it didn't long for them to confront her. And Regulus Black was the first to talk.

"You have been acting weird, why?" He had always been direct when something bothered him, he didn't like to avoid anything, so he didn't.

"I'm not." Artemis lied, of course she did.

"You are, why?" This time, it was Cedric.

"I'm fine, why do you think I'm not?"

"We didn't ask if you were fine, we asked why you were acting weird." Daphne reminded her.

"The same thing."

"It's not." Susan told her.

Severus who had stayed silent, noticed that she wasn't wearing her heirs ring and forcefully entered her mind, causing to fall to her knees holding her head in pain. "Someone has been feeding her compulsion since the time she was in the infirmary." Severus informed them.

Artemis had been in potions class with the Gryffindor's, working on an Erumpent Potion - a potion that is highly explosive when it touches or is touched by an outside source - when Seamus and Ronald caused and explosion and the liquid went into touch with Artemis's hand, causing her to scream in pain. They had been sitting in front of her and Theodore, who was collaborating with her.

"Stay out!" Artemis was in pain.

Severus did as told and left her mind.

"How are you so sure?" Hannah questioned, not wanting to be rude.

"Ms. Potter – Black, what do you think of the headmaster?" Severus turned to Artemis, who was panting on the floor.

"He's a great man, with wonderful ideals for the Greater Good." Her response was automatic, like she simply knew what to say.

"I'll take her to Gringotts to have her cleansed. Inform her parents to meet us there." Regulus grabbed the girl by the arm and used an emergency portkey.