Chapter 36 - Uneventful Nights

Heyyo, beautiful people!

Please don't be mad at me for the terribly late updates. Things are getting harder for me as I just walked into the era of adulthood and man, this stage is pretty hectic.

Okay, okay. Let's not waste anymore time and move on to the story❤️

Happy Reading!

*****

Adrian Reed Smith

"You okay, baby?" I whispered, the last word yet again surpassing me unconsciously. My knuckles slowly caressing her rosy cheeks as my eyes are refusing to leave hers and I'm feeling all kind of superior malfunctioning on my heart right now.

This feelings, are only from her.

I thought so in my mind, while my fingers still hovering her smooth skin and just by a ticking second, she jumped away from me as if she had been electrocuted by something.

Her face became blank as she looked away and she muttered a small, "Thank you, Mr Smith.", before striding away from me.

I watched her leaving and my chest leaped in agony.

Why does this hurt so much?

"Honey, here you're! I have been finding you for minutes inside." I had an exact guess on who does this whiny arms would be and I had it right when she came around to face me. "Wait, why were you here though?" She asked dramatically while looking around the place.

I simply shake my head while saying, "Nothing. Let's go in.", and I led us inside. I heard the crowd cheering once again for us and they had us walked on the red carpet to get me to the VIP table.

I greeted every heads and I was stunned to see Mr Campbell, standing up from the same VIP table that they reserved for me.

What is he doing here?

"Surprise!" Sierra screeched from my left and I was a frown. The old man walk up to me and gave me handshake with a nod.

"I guess, you're indeed surprised." He joked and I regain my composure. I smiled a little, not letting our presence alliance to doubt us and I stretched out my hand to him for the handshake.

Even though his unforeseen entrance has been giving me a red flag tonight, I did my best to outright the good act of being a gentleman. We were seated around the same table, where I was sitting in between Sierra and her father.

The old man was plotting some stories with other alliances of ours as he thankfully let me go off topic and Sierra had been eyeing her handphone for minutes now, yet I took the opportunity to roam my eyes around. To find that one source, which would keep me going. Finally as everything swishes in place, my gaze landed on her, I felt like breathing normally again.

She is so beautiful in that white dress. Right when I saw her cornered by the paparazzi, I was hooked with the angelic vision she had on me. Urging every cells on my body to scoop her away from right there and all the way somewhere in between no one.

Somewhere that is only embarked for us.

"-ney? Hey." I was taken back when I sensed myself being pushed and I snapped my eyes back at Sierra.

"Y-Yes?" I stuttered, panicking. Had she caught me eyeing Kameela from afar? I shouldn't have let my self go, especially when her father is around. I battled to my mind once again about why I had to marry her.